How do I set up a future transfer of a Owner of a club

I’ve created the following ‘non people’ in Football Manager 2022 Editor:

- Owner

- Chairperson 

- Managing Director 

- Director 

I’ve assigned a ‘Future Transfer Date’ for them to takeover a club in the English Premiership. But when the game simulates to that date or goes past it, nothing happens. 

My questions are:

- How can I create a future Owner/Chairperson etc. to take over a club by a certain date?

- How do I edit and create a ‘Board Takeover’?

- I like the idea that I’m managing a club and then people I have created buy the club I’m managing in the future. Much like when you create staff and assign a date then they transfer on that date. 

- I don’t want to just edit the staff section in the editor and just create a new chairman, I want them to buy the club whilst I’m managing the club. 

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Thank you 

• 8 months later...

Had the same question, missed your post before I posted elsewhere...did you get anywhere with this??

I've been looking at how to change the owner of a club using both the pre-game and in-game editor on FM23. Similar to some posts on here regarding the topic the results are a mixed bag.

Easiest solution is to use the pre-game editor to change the owner, chairman, board members and their attributes etc. But as another user posted this doesn't quite scratch the realism itch a lot of us crave. So I delved in and set a certain billionaire, already in the game as an owner, to have a future transfer to my chosen club with some additional board members, part way through a season. This proposed transfer didn't take place. I assume this is due to a club not being able to exist without an owner or something in the AI but it just didn't occur.

Disappointed it didn't happen and that I'd sunk a fair amount of time into the save I didn't want to revert to the pre-game edit solution of simply changing the owner from day dot and start over.

I searched the forums for other players issues and work arounds. Owners cannot be edited in the game using the in-game editor. Nor can board members.

Making a team an affiliate with the same board is an option (similar to the City Football Group on FM) but this would mean using the in-game editor in my save a smaller clubs board running a much larger club - the realism OCD would trigger.

I did look at the in-game editor on the clubs details and the only potentially influential aspect I can see to edit would be disliked people (current owner is already set at 100 permanently). I wondered if making the whole board disliked would encourage the sale? Sadly I would have no influence on who the new buyer would be. Or if indeed I simply need to shelve my realism OCD and accept the limitations and either make the changes I want pre-game or just sit back and enjoy the game...

Any advice or suggestions anyone has would welcome!

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't really, but I read on a post you need to edit the files in the steam folder, edit the code in the text editor. I'm not savvy with that sort of thing. 

6 hours ago, TheFatHog said:

I didn't really, but I read on a post you need to edit the files in the steam folder, edit the code in the text editor. I'm not savvy with that sort of thing. 

I was going to say, that is the most likely way of doing it using the text editor, you can do a lot of weird and wonderful things with that compared with the actual editor.

• 1 month later...