FM22: OLYMPIQUE LYONNAIS — LES GONES

SteinkelssonFM

How is the new system playing out?

image.thumb.png.617ded50fbe9acf585262ecd276f1512.png

Now that I have played a significant amount of games using the new system it is only fair that I dip into the data hub to show you how it is working and some of the impacts which it is having on key personnel.

Looking at the most important data available in game (the league table) you can see we are sitting top of Ligue 1 (yet to play PSG) and boast the best attacking record. 

image.png.42b6e950c699b74ab51358f5204c4c0c.png

Early indicators are that the shackles have been removed, reducing the importance on high possession figures increasing the aggressiveness of play we have seen some meteoric changes. 

However, when looking in a little more detail you can see that we are only creating three more shots per game, which is leading to the increase of 1.28 goals per game, the xG figure has only improved by 0.61..therefore I would say that the increase in the quality of playing staff must have something to do with it. 

image.png.6002203f88f0951847ba050701549a25.png

The False 4-3-3 is producing +20 when comparing clear cut chances for vs against with 65% of our goals being scored by a placed shot. Assists are split out 45% cross and 41% through ball.

image.png.13afe71dddfc4b85c42eed60f5dd4805.png

However, the main differentiator is that when looking at the source of goals over the last 15 games you can see we have become less reliant on Moussa to score the goals, reducing the risk to the team as we have become less reliant on the Frenchman. 

image.png.41f838b14b32da0fc42a5a6da2245689.png

With the attacking focus now shifting from the left to the right you can see just how important the role of the CWB is with both players (Dubois and Gusto) in to top percentile when looking at key passes and assists per 90.

image.png.24bd83cb54ca8ea112a7b2625e099bc5.png

Blas as the shadow striker is leading the xG per shot metric when comparing him to other midfielders in Ligue 1, he has backed that up with five goals from 17 shots, a conversion rate of 29%...let that settle in! 

image.thumb.png.a829f9dcb5b3508c21d33d289357c034.png

We have yet to really set the paper alight on the continent and the away trip up next to Porto could well be the decisive factor in who finishes the group as runner up behind Inter. 

3 hours ago, MattyLewis11 said:

How is the new system playing out?

image.thumb.png.617ded50fbe9acf585262ecd276f1512.png

Now that I have played a significant amount of games using the new system it is only fair that I dip into the data hub to show you how it is working and some of the impacts which it is having on key personnel.

Looking at the most important data available in game (the league table) you can see we are sitting top of Ligue 1 (yet to play PSG) and boast the best attacking record. 

image.png.42b6e950c699b74ab51358f5204c4c0c.png

Early indicators are that the shackles have been removed, reducing the importance on high possession figures increasing the aggressiveness of play we have seen some meteoric changes. 

However, when looking in a little more detail you can see that we are only creating three more shots per game, which is leading to the increase of 1.28 goals per game, the xG figure has only improved by 0.61..therefore I would say that the increase in the quality of playing staff must have something to do with it. 

image.png.6002203f88f0951847ba050701549a25.png

The False 4-3-3 is producing +20 when comparing clear cut chances for vs against with 65% of our goals being scored by a placed shot. Assists are split out 45% cross and 41% through ball.

image.png.13afe71dddfc4b85c42eed60f5dd4805.png

However, the main differentiator is that when looking at the source of goals over the last 15 games you can see we have become less reliant on Moussa to score the goals, reducing the risk to the team as we have become less reliant on the Frenchman. 

image.png.41f838b14b32da0fc42a5a6da2245689.png

With the attacking focus now shifting from the left to the right you can see just how important the role of the CWB is with both players (Dubois and Gusto) in to top percentile when looking at key passes and assists per 90.

image.png.24bd83cb54ca8ea112a7b2625e099bc5.png

Blas as the shadow striker is leading the xG per shot metric when comparing him to other midfielders in Ligue 1, he has backed that up with five goals from 17 shots, a conversion rate of 29%...let that settle in! 

image.thumb.png.a829f9dcb5b3508c21d33d289357c034.png

We have yet to really set the paper alight on the continent and the away trip up next to Porto could well be the decisive factor in who finishes the group as runner up behind Inter. 

Nice comparison, I like that you’ve taking a real life tactic and made it your own. Big step seeing the goals more spread out. Always a key factor for me, incase of a bad injury and the fact it shows variation in the attack. 

• 4 weeks later...

Appologies all, I am taking a break from FM with the view to returning back to the forum with a clear head ready for FM23. 

I simply had an absolute mare with sticking to a save this year and feel like I have let everyone down with not being able to commit. 

8 hours ago, MattyLewis11 said:

Appologies all, I am taking a break from FM with the view to returning back to the forum with a clear head ready for FM23. 

I simply had an absolute mare with sticking to a save this year and feel like I have let everyone down with not being able to commit. 

All good buddy! It's always interesting to read about your saves. 

If you are sticking around for one last shot i would recommend a journeyman save so you can start new adventures within the same save. 

19 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

If you are sticking around for one last shot i would recommend a journeyman save so you can start new adventures within the same save. 

@MattyLewis11  I suggest this play a journeyman save with FM22 and don't really write about it. Try something new tactically with each team if possible. 

That is what I am doing write now and it is allowing me to enjoy FM right now and stick to a save.