Scottish Lowland/Highland league

Chris Hamilton

I think it’s about time these two tier 5 leagues are added to the playable leagues in Scotland now that the pyramid system is fully operating and ever more showing the teams coming up are substantially further ahead than the teams they are replacing. Given the recent success IRL of the teams promoted from these two leagues into the SPFL( Cove Rangers Highland league 2019 champions, League 2 champions 2020, league one champions 2022. Kelty hearts Lowland league champions 2021, league 2 champions 2022) and even this year with Bonnyrigg Rose of the Lowland league beating Cowdenbeath 4-0 in the league 2 playoff, I think it’s about time these leagues are given the exposure they deserve. Furthermore I think in general over the past few seasons there has been a greater interest shown in these leagues from the media and would appeal to many a player to have a go themselves. 

3 hours ago, Chris Hamilton said:

I think it’s about time these two tier 5 leagues are added to the playable leagues in Scotland now that the pyramid system is fully operating and ever more showing the teams coming up are substantially further ahead than the teams they are replacing. Given the recent success IRL of the teams promoted from these two leagues into the SPFL( Cove Rangers Highland league 2019 champions, League 2 champions 2020, league one champions 2022. Kelty hearts Lowland league champions 2021, league 2 champions 2022) and even this year with Bonnyrigg Rose of the Lowland league beating Cowdenbeath 4-0 in the league 2 playoff, I think it’s about time these leagues are given the exposure they deserve. Furthermore I think in general over the past few seasons there has been a greater interest shown in these leagues from the media and would appeal to many a player to have a go themselves. 

I would echo what you just said 

• 3 months later...