Scouting for Newgen's or for LLM with limited player knowledge using attributes

On the player search screen the lowest knowledge level on my game for a player who appears seems to be at the lowest 18% and when at this level you get a stats range for a couple of attributes. I've recently noticed that the attributes shown are always the same dependent on position

In the screenshots you'll notice three different sets of attributes for the players position.

The stats the RB shows will be the stats shown for anyone with this low knowledge level who's natural at any of RB/LB/CB.
RB-LB-CB.png.36f3bcaba27efe858cbb5549a458bb16.png

The stats the CM shows will be the stats shown for anyone with this low knowledge level who's natural at any of RWB/LWB/DM/RM/LM/CM.RWB-LWB-DM-RM-LM-CM.png.2bb33c351f74c1b505c09b023bea8589.png

The stats the ST shows will be the stats shown for anyone with this low knowledge level who's natural at any of RW/LW/AM/ST.RW-LW-AM-ST.png.2f0e9432bf4acc5a9cd93bd13774c8a7.png

For players who are natural at more than one position the game choses which to put first.

This is where the scouting using attributes comes into it.
In this screenshot you'll see a player search filter showing 9003 players in my game with low knowledge level (at most 19%).823243843_Lowestlevelofknowledge.png.66f0743ef97b774d47d495e97ae19351.png

Now you'll also see a filter which looks for anyone with at least 1 Pace out of those 9003 players with low knowledge level. Every one of those regardless of ability will have at least 1 Pace. But as you see in the screenshot of that filter there's now only 5961 players.

All players who are natural at RWB/LWB/DM/RM/LM/CM or is a GK have been filtered out because the attribute PACE is not available in their base stats.

Pace.png.6698c7473130594a9052172c27307528.png

Next you'll see a screenshot where I've searched the 9003 players with low knowledge level by the attribute BALANCE and you'll now see that every one of those 9003 players have been filtered out because Balance is not available in the base stats for low knowledge level.
Balance.png.2f453e3324f8d688fb0d2ba18b3df3aa.png

So as you see from the above screenshots using attributes to search can eliminate so many players by searching the wrong attribute purely due to you having limited knowledge.

Across all players who appear on the player search screen with low knowledge level (18%) the attributes they all share regardless of position are:
First Touch / Heading / Passing / Technique / Work Rate / Acceleration / Jumping Reach / Strength.

So if you want to search by attributes you should ideally stick to these attributes as you will include all the players in your search screen. Or tailor your search using the attributes that are available at low level of knowledge.

As you can see from the screenshots, as soon as you include an attribute like Balance you'll immediately remove all these players. Think you'll agree 9003 disregarded is a lot.

If you used the attribute Pace for eg you'll lose all players from the DM/CM strata.
If you used the attribute STAMINA you would lose all players from the DEF strata.
If you used the attribute AGGRESSION you would lose all players from the AM/ST strata.
If you used the attribute DETERMINATION which is an attribute most of us look for in Newgen's then you would lose everyone who doesn't play in the DEF strata - RB/LB/CB you have low knowledge off

Two useful ways I've found to use this for scouting are (I'll use Newgen's as an example and set the age at most to 16)

1) to use the filter in the screenshot below and work the attributes up until you get a pool your happy with. All the attributes in the filter are available in a stat range for all positions of players you have little knowledge of so your only disregarding GK's (they have their own attribute base). Any other attributes added will automatically rule out a lot of the players with low knowledge.696248084_LargePool.png.49b936d4ff2e3e45f0e3a78a8b92ba37.png1418177460_SmallerPool.png.44716b50ffa01f4bcc3cdc283ba5f4d5.png

2) Secondly is position specific. If I was looking for a RW for example I would automatically look for one of the main attributes for a winger CROSSING but doing that I would straight away remove any player that I have low knowledge of as that attribute doesn't appear in the base stats.

So instead I look at the role I use in my formation (WINGER-ATT) and compare it to the base stats I know are available for the players with low knowledge and set the filter as in the screenshot below and work the attribute up until I've got a smaller pool I'm happy with . As you see in the screenshot below the 4 players I've narrowed my search too only have 18% knowledge so all would have been eliminated if I searched using CROSSING.2028272053_WingerLargePool.png.708b3ee3fce0742709aa8eac20f3070c.png1928568257_WingerSmallerPool.png.89cd455a7c588ba5391852ff7b148164.png

Now I know these 4 players at age 15/16 are not going to have all those attributes at 14 and above but what they do have is an attribute range around that and are worth further scouting. And by tailoring the attribute search to attributes I know are available even at the lowest knowledge level I've kept them in the search instead of disregarding by using an attribute that isn't available (like crossing) for them because of the knowledge level.

The screenshots below show those four players profile before scouting and after scouting.

Just remember I was only able to find these as I used the attributes that I knew we're there for low level of knowledge players.

If I had used Crossing/Composure/Anticipation/Balance for eg.... they would have straight away been removed.

Also for context towards the scout rating I am manager of Man Utd with Haaland, Mbappe and Sancho as my main wingers/striker.1636872085_Stefanakosbeforescouting.thumb.png.7698b38fc992164d5bf4153e4190ce25.png78216531_Stefanakosafterscouting.thumb.png.b36499d0189fcc7b9ac6be16e267c965.png2109064007_Etxeberriabeforescouting.thumb.png.d97368a0a9c5484249791838125ab3e1.png65805288_Etxeberriaafterscouting.thumb.png.9ba35964d7b8c68ba9799a64261f10b7.png1670856176_Zonneveldbeforescouting.thumb.png.7b63c802d919715bc4e0b09fdf2ce9a1.png952619556_Zonneveldafterscouting.thumb.png.d9f808d905598f93123acce41b0fd85a.png71544628_Todibobeforescouting.thumb.png.b6f9551f162fc6452ee567a54b5164b6.png727971857_Todiboafterscouting.thumb.png.16cc6d81e44f6b389cc1b3e54b5f90b2.png

To put a summary on what I've said throughout:

If you want to avoid disregarding and removing players with limited knowledge when searching with attributes you need to stick to the attributes that are included in the base for each set of positions.

1) If you want a broad search of players then stick to these attributes

First Touch / Heading / Passing / Technique / Work Rate / Acceleration / Jumping Reach / Strength

2) If you are looking for someone who plays in the DEF strata - RB / LB / CB use a selection of these attributes

First Touch / Heading / Marking / Passing / Tackling / Technique / Aggression / Anticipation / Decisions / Determination / Positioning / Work Rate / Acceleration / Jumping Reach / Pace / Strength ( if you use any other attribute you will eliminate all the players you have limited knowledge of)

3) If you are looking for someone who plays in the DM/CM strata - RWB / LWB / DM / RM / LM / CM use a selection of these attributes ( if you use any other attribute you will eliminate all the players you have limited knowledge of)

First Touch / Heading / Long Shots / Passing / Tackling  Technique / Aggression / Flair / Leadership / Teamwork / Vision / Work Rate / Acceleration / Jumping Reach / Stamina / Strength

4) If you are looking  for someone who plays in the AM/ST Strata - RW / LW / AM / ST use a selection of these attributes ( if you use any other attribute you will eliminate all the players you have limited knowledge of)

Dribbling / Finishing / First Touch / Heading / Long Shots / Passing / Technique / Flair / Off the Ball / Vision / Work Rate / Acceleration / Jumping Reach / Pace / Stamina / Strength

38 minutes ago, kevkel said:

Apologies to anyone reading, I don't know why it's got the white background and I can't figure out how to to get rid of it

Probably because you pasted it from elsewhere, you need to remove the  formatting.  

8 hours ago, Brother Ben said:

Probably because you pasted it from elsewhere, you need to remove the  formatting.  

Thanks for that I know why now. I wrote about it on a facebook group and copied it over rather than writing it out again