Help with 4-2-3-1 dm volante

Ive been trying to get this tactic to work with some positive results.

I was inspired by Bust the net on yt to use the Volante and i like the role he scores alot i like how the team plays.

But against High pressing 4-2-3-1 i cant do anything.

4231.jpg

defense seems to hold ok, im not losing badly just by 1 goal.

I seem to have a hard time playing out of defense and seem to be put under pressure quite easily and usually ends up by gk or cbs punting it up the field.

so i switched it up a little to this.

4231-1.jpg

ive been watching in comprehensive.

ive noticed that sometimes the cdm and cbs ignore the other cdm behind a attacker who is closing them down and the full backs on the other flank.

I read in a thread earlier on here so i took advices from that and made changes,

4231-1.jpg

stilll i had problem with high pressing 4231.

so at half time vs Rb leipzig i somehow made it in 1-1 drawing.

so i asked the gk to distribut the ball to my AML who has good heading stats, also changed the left dm to bwm-d and the right to dlp-s

so i had the ball more in the second half until the AI made somechanges.

after that i couldnt get any shots or possesion in the final third.

Im gonna attach Data hub stats if that helps.

datahub.jpg

Also my strongest 11

team.jpg

Edited by Arnar
embed images

Honestly there's a massive disconnect in your team. Your entire front 4 is pure goal scorers, which is absolute madness in my eyes. All 4 of them will just bomb up field when you have possession and completely ignore what happens behind them. The Volante and Wing backs are also very aggressive, so they'll bomb up the field just a second later than the front four and then your defenders have to build up from the back while the only person anywhere near them is the DM(D). Especially with shorter passing on top of PooD your CDs will very quickly run out of options, so with them being both BPDs that take more risks it's no wonder they'll just play the ambitious long ball sooner rather than later.

If you want a patient build up, then your final tactic is looking much better, as the support duties won't be as aggressive going forwards, so your defenders have options playing out from the back. I would probably switch one player in the AM strata to a more creative role than the IF/SS you currently have, but play from the back should look much better with that.

Also, you're Mannheim and looking at some of the names in that squad, clubs like RBL will simply have far more quality than you. So, the teams that will be aggressively pressing you will generally be the top teams in the Bundesliga and they'll simply have much more quality than you do. It's no surprise that you're going to struggle against them, regardless of what tactics they employ. Getting a 1-1 draw against RBL is not a bad result by any means.