Monthly Payments

If I buy really expensive stuff I want monthly installments aswell even if I have the money on my account. You never know when something happens that will require some extra cash in the bank. Not to mention if you can hold on the cash for longer and have them sit in your bankaccount you get interest on the money and I would think for example 20 million would get you some nice cash by the end of the year.

I don't know if this is a fact of the game it is just something I find logical.

That's why Ashley stuffed up at Newcastle - he valued and bought the club without realising that most of the expensive transfers were paid in installments, leaving with huge payments he hadn't expected since he didn't do a ' due diligence' of the books.

As Simon says, it's very common but is commonly fudged by headline writers.

If a club offer say, £20m over 24 months - I always negotiate £1m up front plus the £20m of monthly payments to cover lost interest. The buying club know in 2 years time the player's value will probably have risen, so are normally quite happy to agree.

If a club offer say, £20m over 24 months - I always negotiate £1m up front plus the £20m of monthly payments to cover lost interest. The buying club know in 2 years time the player's value will probably have risen, so are normally quite happy to agree.

Loving the fact you've considered the AI club's "thought process" in accepting the terms!

Interesting thought.

I just dont usely sell players like this - I usely need the money right away :p ... But if I have large wages at my club I often sell players with monthly payments - good to cover up for the high wages :p

• 4 weeks later...

even if you take monthly payments, do you not get money in your transfer budget anyway? or does this depend what club your at?

I had 10m in the transfer fund.. sold one player for 30m over 24 mnths? and got 25m in the transfer fund..

the 30m was 1.3 over 24 months, which = 31,200,000, any reason for this? what is the rules on monthly payments.

even if you take monthly payments, do you not get money in your transfer budget anyway? or does this depend what club your at?

I had 10m in the transfer fund.. sold one player for 30m over 24 mnths? and got 25m in the transfer fund..

the 30m was 1.3 over 24 months, which = 31,200,000, any reason for this? what is the rules on monthly payments.

You usually get whatever money you will recieve in the current season in your budget (minus the usual reductions), and the rest in the next season. Same as buying with money over time.

And as people have said, it's the way things are done. Big transfers these days usually have all sorts of payment over time and appearance clauses in them. It's incredibly rare that a club will pay out the quoted figure in one lump sum. One of the most remarkable things about the Man City/Robinho transfer was that the Arabs were prepared to pay the full fee upfront.

Archived