Intake signings - staff responsibilities?

I would like my U18 to be kept balanced by signing players from the yearly in take but I dont want to take this responsibility and want to delegate it but I also dont want anyone to make signings for my U18 team. What do i need to set in the staff responsibilities? Is it just the contratct elements?

Edited by middleweight165

1 hour ago, DarJ said:

no you cant take over initiating and finalizing offers for your u18 players

You can because Im doing it currently. ive edited my question in the OP to better reflect what I am asking. I want to delegate signing the intake players to someone else but thats it, I dont want them to do anything else, sign others, etc.

I have Initiating delegated to my HoYD, Negotiating delegated to my DoF, and I finalize myself. On the Contracts tab, I set discussions for u19s/B team to my DoF. When the youth intake comes in, the HoYD shows me the list he recommends, and I can veto or add but otherwise they'll go through to be signed/released in line with the recommendation.

You can forget getting any delegated arrangement to give you a balanced squad, though.

Sounds like you currently have the right options set.

Under Transfer and Contracts > Contracts, you can delegate Player Contract Discussions for xClub Under 18s this means that your delegated to member of staff will decide which intake to offer contracts to. You still get a news item to over rule their decision.

Keeping Initiating Player Signings for xClub Under 18s within the Transfer and Contracts > Transfers assigned to yourself stops a member of staff trying to buy players for you.

The AI is dumb though, it won't consider squad balance from the intake, it'll just sign anyone it thinks has sufficient potential regardless of how many players you may already have in that position.

20 hours ago, du Garbandier said:

I have Initiating delegated to my HoYD, Negotiating delegated to my DoF, and I finalize myself. On the Contracts tab, I set discussions for u19s/B team to my DoF. When the youth intake comes in, the HoYD shows me the list he recommends, and I can veto or add but otherwise they'll go through to be signed/released in line with the recommendation.

You can forget getting any delegated arrangement to give you a balanced squad, though.

Thanks, I'll follow this

3 hours ago, Parmie said:

Sounds like you currently have the right options set.

Under Transfer and Contracts > Contracts, you can delegate Player Contract Discussions for xClub Under 18s this means that your delegated to member of staff will decide which intake to offer contracts to. You still get a news item to over rule their decision.

Keeping Initiating Player Signings for xClub Under 18s within the Transfer and Contracts > Transfers assigned to yourself stops a member of staff trying to buy players for you.

The AI is dumb though, it won't consider squad balance from the intake, it'll just sign anyone it thinks has sufficient potential regardless of how many players you may already have in that position.

Thanks, good to know