Recommend a successor manager

a5864003

How about a feature that can recommend a replacement manager when a manager who has had a long and successful career in a club resigns or leaves the team? A manager who has had a successful career will have a large presence in the team and cannot choose a successor, but I think he has a position to recommend.

Edited by a5864003

Il 5/6/2022 in 20:09 , a5864003 ha scritto:

How about a feature that can recommend a replacement manager when a manager who has had a long and successful career in a club resigns or leaves the team? A manager who has had a successful career will have a large presence in the team and cannot choose a successor, but I think he has a position to recommend.

But why would the board care? When a manager leaves a club it's usually for a reason. Whether it's a sacking or a manager decision to leave, I'm not sure why the board would care about the opinion of a manager headed out the door

• 2 weeks later...

Well look at Fergie at ManUtd. Recommended David Moyes. Nils Arne Eggen a truly legend at Rosenborg. Manager and player for Rosenborg over 30 years and most successful Norwegian manager. He had a saying in who the club would appoint after he retired. Probably many other examples of this. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

While I know of the Fergie situation, I really don't believe there to be many other examples of this. Long term management in real life is becoming rarer and rarer, and an appointed successor just doesn't happen enough to be something that would be implemented in game, especially now with the amount of upper management staff that have a say on how a club is run. Thank you nonetheless for the suggestion!