Team talks in penalty shootouts and team meatings in national teams

Hi there!

I have a question regarding team talks in penalty shootouts and team meetings in national teams.

No matter what I pick, I'm never able to change player's moods during penalty shootouts. I have tried different combinations of gestures and sentences, talking to players individually or to everyone at the same time, but it never does anything. Is this normal or is there something I'm missing? Have you ever been able to affect their mood during penalty shootouts? If yes, what options did you use?

When I'm in team meetings in the national team (like when an international competition is about to start, or has concluded), players react positively or negatively to what I say, but regardless of what happens, when concluded, the assistant manager always says that unfortunately there have been no changes at all in players morale and indeed their morale arrows remain exactly the same. Is this because their morale is tied to their clubs and not their national teams? If so, why do we even have the option to conduct these team talks, or again, am I missing something?

Thank you for your time!