change club/stadium name during save game

fmc181

Hi all!

My first post here :-)

Im trying to add a .lnc file to the database (database/db/2240/lnc) to change the name of a club/stadium but it's not changing anything in the save game as everyone says it would.

What could be happening?

I have placed the file here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2022\data\database\db\2240\lnc   --> my save game was created in the 22.4 version btw.

Below is everything I've typed in the file and the file name is "club change details"

"CLUB_LONG_NAME_CHANGE" 679 "Manchester City Test" ""
"CLUB_SHORT_NAME_CHANGE" 679 "Man City Test" ""

"STADIUM_NAME_CHANGE" 5114325 "Man City Stadium" ""

Many thanks!

Edited by fmc181

• fmc181 changed the title to change club/stadium name during save game

I realized that it works for every team, except the team I'm managing, which I have already edited club/stadium names using the pre-game editor before.

Maybe that's the reason?

Is there a way around that?

Thanks!

On 10/06/2022 at 07:14, fmc181 said:

I realized that it works for every team, except the team I'm managing, which I have already edited club/stadium names using the pre-game editor before.

Maybe that's the reason?

Is there a way around that?

Thanks!

lnc files should overwrite pre-game editor changes, so that shouldn't be an issue.

I believe there are some things that are coded to ignore lnc changes though (due to licensing I guess?). Not sure about everything that is, but I believe it affects quite a few things in Italy. For those things the pre-game editor is the only way to change their name.

Edited by rusty217

thanks for the response! 

I don't think it's a licensing issue....because i'm editing a team on the 7th english tier (from the DanFMDatabases that goes until tier 12) and it worked fine when I tried to edit a team in the same divison for testing....the problem is only happening with the team I manage, apparently....I don't know what may be the issue :-)