Set pieces

Tryllefot

Woud it be possible to change how set pieces are set up, so that my tall and brave player, who is also versatile and can play multiple positions, always has near post position on corners?

That would make for less set piece fiddeling when he moves from CB , or to DM, or MC position. He'd take near post regardless, and I wont have to change my set up.

Agree. The choices now are:

1. Don't change your line up and layer positions

2. If you do change, fiddle endlessly with set pieces (2-4 minutes per game)

3. Accept you'll miss opportunity as you don't have time to keep changing the line up. 

We get the fact you can save set pieces. If you rotate your team and have an "alternative" formation to use in cases where your gameplan is not working, the # of saved set pieces can really add up. I had to impose a naming structure...

e.g.

formation 1, Tall CB, Tall CF & Tall RW

formation 2, Tall CB, Tall CF & Short RW

etc.

As @Tryllefot suggests, it would be great if the interface allowed us to anchor players to positions.

Set Pieces is one area at the moment that is really needing an overhaul. This area is why behind other areas in the game.

But a fix for this area without a complete overhaul that would make it more user friendly would be to give a structure like you have with the takers.

So for each corner you set up you could list the positions in the set up in a priority order. And for each position within your set up you list your players in order like you do with takers.

Each Routine should allow you to do individual priority lists for each set-up. Because your priority positions would be different for a near post corner and a far post corner.

An example for a corner set-up like this which is going near post

1981615114_Screenshot(48).png.2ed27c2043d0785794507e297371a3ca.png

Priority One = Taker (Automatically puts the highest available player in your list here)

Priority Two = Attack near post (Automatically puts highest available player in your list here, If your highest player is also the highest player for priority one then the second highest will go here)

Priority Three = Lurk Near Post ( Again highest available player in your list goes here ruling out anyone who has been placed in Priority one and two)

And so on... This would automatically place every player in your line up in what you deem to be their strongest place no matter who's in the line-up.

This would allow you to set up all your set pieces at the start of each season and also set multiple routines without having to mess about every fixture when you've made changes.

• 4 months later...