meeting release clause and player interaction

Broetchenholer

Why is it not possible to talk yyour player out of a move when his release clause is met? I don't expect it to be easy to talk them out of a move, but currently there is nothing i can do to even try. It feels incredibly stupid when this player:

image.thumb.png.567cc8161e7e643a88e1b3d882280419.png

moves in the winter break from 2nd place Bundesliga to 13th place Premier League without current european football, despite interest shown by 3rd (ManCity) 4th and 5th poistion premier league teams, 3 of them currently in the champions cup. But the only thing i can talk to him about is to make a faster decision. He had a player unhappyness (minor- wants to leave to everton) which my captain talked him out of. I get that he felt the club was not as big as it could be, i even get that he might feel Everton is bigger than me, i am just questioning why this is the only time i cannot talk to a player to keep him at the club.

Also, RAGE! EVERTON?!?!?!?! We lost two games this season so far and my players want to leave to everton???

So, this is exactly what i am talking about. 1 week later, my arguably better CB gets an offer from Juve. It does not hit the release clause, and he might become unsettled if he is not allowed to talk to Juve. So i try to persuade him, it's straight forward, he says he wants to move there because they are in the champions league, i am using convince "!work hard so we qualify ourselves" and as we are second place in the Bundesliga with 6 points difference to the third, he agrees to stay. Why is that not allowed if the release clause is met?

21 hours ago, Broetchenholer said:

So, this is exactly what i am talking about. 1 week later, my arguably better CB gets an offer from Juve. It does not hit the release clause, and he might become unsettled if he is not allowed to talk to Juve. So i try to persuade him, it's straight forward, he says he wants to move there because they are in the champions league, i am using convince "!work hard so we qualify ourselves" and as we are second place in the Bundesliga with 6 points difference to the third, he agrees to stay. Why is that not allowed if the release clause is met?

I'm pretty sure that if another club meets your player's release clause, you have to let the player speak to that club, otherwise you'd be in breach of their contract. Whether the player chooses to accept their contract offer or stay at your club is their prerogative.

Also, if your player's release clause was met, and you instantly convinced them to reject the offer, it would defeat the entire purpose of having release clauses at all.

I am not keeping the player from speaking to that club. The release clause means i cannot turn an offer down, and i am not saying that i want this. I am saying i want to talk to the player and convice him to stay, iand why would that not be what the game would want? Let's say i have a perfectly happy player at my club, his release clause is met, he is kind of unsure whether this is the right move, and he would be willing to talk about it. Let's say more money would keep him at the club. So, if i could talk to him about taking the oiffer of the other club, he could effectively leverage a raise out of that. Or more playing time, or a promise to reach champions league, whatever. If he wants to leave anyway and his mind is set, he will tell me that he does not care for all of that and he just wants to play for "insert other club here".

This is a very good point and to be honest a manager should be able to interact with a player once there is interest or a bid made from another club. That way it would be alot more realistic as you would then discuss the current players career path/plans for the future.