FM21 Attributes Decisions v positioning

which is more important to a defender?

i've looked for positioning so far but seem to think decisions is more important.

also the hints seem to indicate that composure is not that relevant for a defender but it seems like it is in game, with defenders with low composure making mistakes under pressure.

Each attribute have different weighting for each position. For a DC position, Decision is the highest, next is Marking & Position, next is Acceleration - Agility - Jumping Reach - Strength. Next is Heading, Tackling, Anticipation and Pace. 

1 hour ago, fc.cadoni said:

Each attribute have different weighting for each position. For a DC position, Decision is the highest, next is Marking & Position, next is Acceleration - Agility - Jumping Reach - Strength. Next is Heading, Tackling, Anticipation and Pace. 

Does that weighting count for CA or how they perform in the match engine or both? Thanks!

19 hours ago, fc.cadoni said:

Sorry, another question!

If 'decisions' is given a higher CA weighting than the other centre-back attributes (& so I'm assuming it's more important to how well a centre-back performs), why is it not highlighted as a 'key' attribute but a 'preferable' one when looking at a CB(d)?

And when looking at a NCB, 'decisions' isn't highlighted at all but is still given the highest weighting for CA?

Thanks!

Edited by smeagoltonez

2 hours ago, smeagoltonez said:

Sorry, another question!

If 'decisions' is given a higher CA weighting than the other centre-back attributes (& so I'm assuming it's more important to how well a centre-back performs), why is it not highlighted as a 'key' attribute but a 'preferable' one when looking at a CB(d)?

And when looking at a NCB, 'decisions' isn't highlighted at all but is still given the highest weighting for CA?

Thanks!

Because for some roles require different attributes, but BPD as an example have not key or preferable Acceleration & Pace; so you need slow defenders? ;)

That's why I choose first the biggest weighting for positions, with high PA and D.A.P (Determination, Ambition, Professionalism) players in order to have room for other attributes to develop. 

51 minutes ago, crpcarrot said:

am i right in saying that things that have zero weighting can increase even when CA is maxed out?

i'm surprised flair has a 0 weighting

0 is cost free CA point. If a player have reached PA or CA is 200; player can't improve further his CA. Only re-balancing attributes (that's why you see slight arrows down or up).