Tactic randomly stopped working.

I have a problem with a tactic that I was testing, I used this tactic as a mid table team and it worked very well for an entire season but when I went to test another season with the same team, players etc it completely stopped working and now it doesn't  work with any team anymore. 

send me 1.png

send me two.png

send me three.png

5 hours ago, trueblue9877 said:

I have a problem with a tactic that I was testing, I used this tactic as a mid table team and it worked very well for an entire season but when I went to test another season with the same team, players etc it completely stopped working and now it doesn't  work with any team anymore. 

send me 1.png

send me two.png

send me three.png

Guess the AI found out your tactic and how to counter it. Try changing it up a bit and see what happens next. Also, i see your playing FM17, so i suggest a 4-3-3 as i believe it was overpowerd in FM17.

The AI does not find out your tactic. It cannot do that. The AI manager you are facing merely assesses your threat based on certain parameters such as form, reputation.etc and sets up according to their tactical preferences.

Morale and confidence play a role also.

In simple terms when a tactic stops working its because teams that had been passive against you are now aggressive and visa versa.

@trueblue9877yet again you've overachieved and aren't happy :D

Could be for any reason, the VNL is a 46 game season, it's a slog which can wear players out if they're not rotated, others managers pick up on you overachieving and look to makes things more difficult is just two reasons   

1 hour ago, Johnny Ace said:

Could be for any reason, the VNL is a 46 game season, it's a slog which can wear players out if they're not rotated, others managers pick up on you overachieving and look to makes things more difficult is just two reasons   

No you don't  understand  it's  not that you lose a few it's  that the tactic doesn't  work at all anymore after a season  what happens every time is that you literally can't  win a single game in the next season , same players and all and get sacked, it has happened no matter what tactic I use.

2 minutes ago, trueblue9877 said:

No you don't  understand  it's  not that you lose a few it's  that the tactic doesn't  work at all anymore after a season  what happens every time is that you literally can't  win a single game in the next season , same players and all and get sacked, it has happened no matter what tactic I use.

I was happy with the finish but this is the third time it's  happened now, you make a working tactic then the game finds a way to make it not work anymore.

2 minutes ago, trueblue9877 said:

I was happy with the finish but this is the third time it's  happened now, you make a working tactic then the game finds a way to make it not work anymore.

The "game" doesn't do anything to your tactic, it's the other teams/ managers reacting to your success. It's your "job" to work your way around it and adapt, you're in the same boat as everyone playing the game  

6 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

This could be part of your problem, do you not improve your squad over preseason? 

This one seems to have bucked the trend, I did upgrade the team, one time I actually improved  the squad and was sacked by Christmas using the same tactic :)

Relaxed dude.png

4 minutes ago, trueblue9877 said:

This one seems to have bucked the trend, I did upgrade the team, one time I actually improved  the squad and was sacked by Christmas using the same tactic :)

Relaxed dude.png

On this tactic, the one where we finished 4th I upgraded the team, was in the same division and was still sacked by Christmas next season  I know you can say teams play deeper against  you and AF might not be as good against  teams playing deep but still I tried using dlf (s), didn't  work then I tried using dlf (a) and that seems to be working.

send me 1.png

55 minutes ago, trueblue9877 said:

On this tactic, the one where we finished 4th I upgraded the team, was in the same division and was still sacked by Christmas next season  I know you can say teams play deeper against  you and AF might not be as good against  teams playing deep but still I tried using dlf (s), didn't  work then I tried using dlf (a) and that seems to be working.

send me 1.png

Nope the exact same thing happened again, it just reaches a point about three months in where it will become impossible to win.

You played three months in 1 hour. You need to watch the matches to understand what is going wrong instead of trying to guess. What is the point of "finding" a tactic that does well forever?

4 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

I guarantee  you if you send me a screenshot of an underdog tactic that you would use I 1 million percent  guarantee you that it won't  work for me if it does I will never post another thread here again.

33 minutes ago, trueblue9877 said:

I guarantee  you if you send me a screenshot of an underdog tactic that you would use I 1 million percent  guarantee you that it won't  work for me if it does I will never post another thread here again.

It's got to be something else you're doing, your tactic's don't look sack worthy, but tactics aren't the only thing in this game 

7 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

It's got to be something else you're doing, your tactic's don't look sack worthy, but tactics aren't the only thing in this game 

I guarantee you it's  not, I have tried changing the training, not changing the training, team meetings, nothing worked same results.

19 minutes ago, trueblue9877 said:

I guarantee you it's  not, I have tried changing the training, not changing the training, team meetings, nothing worked same results.

I don't believe you have an FM curse or anything :D

I'm guessing every FM player has to change things every now and then, some people do it every game or during every game, so you can't play the same tactic year on year. That's part of the game , recognising the changes you need to make and when to make them. That's on you, no one knows your players as well as you do. On top of that you have squad management, keeping players fit and keeping players happy. The game gives you all the tools to manage that

If you're chugging along with the same tactic and all of a sudden you start picking up draws or losses, there could be a hundred different reasons why, you as the mangier have to try and identify why and do something about it. If you get sacked, you get sacked, learn from it, move on and try elsewhere or start again

From what I can tell, you overachieve with a mid/lower table team, then get sacked the following season, every single time.  You probably get overlooked that first season, then in the second season teams set out to stop you rather than allowing you to play your game but like I say, it's you playing the game, no one else   

34 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

I don't believe you have an FM curse or anything :D

I'm guessing every FM player has to change things every now and then, some people do it every game or during every game, so you can't play the same tactic year on year. That's part of the game , recognising the changes you need to make and when to make them. That's on you, no one knows your players as well as you do. On top of that you have squad management, keeping players fit and keeping players happy. The game gives you all the tools to manage that

If you're chugging along with the same tactic and all of a sudden you start picking up draws or losses, there could be a hundred different reasons why, you as the mangier have to try and identify why and do something about it. If you get sacked, you get sacked, learn from it, move on and try elsewhere or start again

From what I can tell, you overachieve with a mid/lower table team, then get sacked the following season, every single time.  You probably get overlooked that first season, then in the second season teams set out to stop you rather than allowing you to play your game but like I say, it's you playing the game, no one else   

I have told you before that I do make changes and get the same results every  time...

2 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

Maybe you're making the wrong changes then 

I have literally  seen it happen before  I played a save simultaneously  using the same tactic with a friend, both teams as Burnley no changes to the team, he was 12th and I was 18th...

8 minutes ago, trueblue9877 said:

In fact I literally  just showed you that it's  not the same tactic but you ignored it.. 

I didn't, you keep posting up different tactics and different teams so I've no idea what you're using

10 minutes ago, trueblue9877 said:

I have literally  seen it happen before  I played a save simultaneously  using the same tactic with a friend, both teams as Burnley no changes to the team, he was 12th and I was 18th...

So you are cursed then? I may as well just close this off as we're just going round in circles 

@trueblue9877

We can see your tactic for the first season. We have no context around it but you massively over achieved.

Did you get promoted or did you stay where you were? It seem like you weren't promoted. Ok. So, you then used... which tactic *exactly* entering the second season? Apparently you were sacked in December... surely you must have noticed issues in the 4-5 months leading up to December? What did you notice? What did you change?

If you do want advice - it's worth (as I've said before) providing as much info as possible. With the barebones we have, there's very little to be said.

2 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

@trueblue9877

We can see your tactic for the first season. We have no context around it but you massively over achieved.

Did you get promoted or did you stay where you were? It seem like you weren't promoted. Ok. So, you then used... which tactic *exactly* entering the second season? Apparently you were sacked in December... surely you must have noticed issues in the 4-5 months leading up to December? What did you notice? What did you change?

I made a tonne of changes, signed new players, changed formation, changed roles and duties, same results.

3 minutes ago, trueblue9877 said:

I made a tonne of changes, signed new players, changed formation, changed roles and duties, same results.

This is not helping anyone. If you want advice, we need more detail and specifics. There are plenty of people willing to help, but with limited info, there's only so much to say.

You either made a tonne of changes randomly or there were reasons for them. If it was random, there's no hope. If there were reasons, we can try and progress.

3 minutes ago, trueblue9877 said:

Dude I've shown the different tactics that I tried and somehow gotten the exact same results. And there really isn't. 

You've shown 3 tactics. Given very little context around it. If we don't know the thought processes and what you were facing, we can't help very much.

A 'tactic' that you show is only how a match starts. Matches can swing depending on goals scored etc. A tactic might be great for 65 mins. It will not help if the other team changes and you're not capable of handling it. We do not have any of this information, which is needed. If you really do want help, provide us with more context, please.

1 minute ago, HUNT3R said:

You've shown 3 tactics. Given very little context around it. If we don't know the thought processes and what you were facing, we can't help very much.

A 'tactic' that you show is only how a match starts. Matches can swing depending on goals scored etc. A tactic might be great for 65 mins. It will not help if the other team changes and you're not capable of handling it.

I don't  even care anymore.

• HUNT3R locked this topic