Sooo many draws - OGC Nice

Managing Nice I've drawn 12 out of 19 games and I'm not sure what to do about it. You can see we get a huge amount of low score draws. We can draw against PSG and we can we can draw any of the teams in the relegation battle. We are the 8th best goalscorers in the league on 26 and 5th best defensively with 20 conceded. The data hub tells me the line is too high but it was lower in the first couple of games and the centre backs would constantly let people run through the line, this might be because Dante is 38 and has 5 acceleration and 4 pace. I also think my goalkeeper is letting us down. We often go ahead in games and concede in the last 20 minutes or even in injury time. Any help about changes I can potentially make would be appreciated.

Results

image.png.1ca14aa3955cd82504027876350a59a5.png

Tactic

image.png.d378f9616081559eb953ffddd6f21e65.png

Table

image.png.15107b263b5258abb4499dee17ff33b4.png

You have one goal scoring role in your tactic. What if he has a bad day? What if he's up against a really good right back?

You also focus play through the left, which means your entire team will shift to that side. However, it also means the opposition will shift to that side, which means your IF might have very little space to operate in. Would make more sense to focus through the right, have your build up on that side of the pitch and create space for your IF to finish the move instead of crowding the space he's operating in.

Make Stengs an Inverted Winger/Inside Forward to get him slightly narrower, hopefully getting Lotomba to go up and down the right hand side providing the width. Ditch the Focus Play Down the Left. I'd probably turn Amavi into a FB/s too to be honest.

To me, the top half of your tactic looks a bit blunt and the bottom half a bit risky

The IF(A) is the obvious goal getter, then a DLF who mostly looking to link play, an AP on Attack with shoot less often also looking to set up chances, the BBM is probably the second most offensive role. I mean, it could work fantastically well but on paper it looks like it lacks a little bite

Then WBIB into box and Focus down the Left. A Winger and Wingbacks that are cross heavy roles being asked not to cross then if anything, I'd focus play down the Right so things can open up for the IF(A), drawing players to the opposite flank to Gouiri will help give him an easier time and take the heat off him, the playmaker on his side of the pitch won't help things either

The backline is fine but there's no role allowing both Wingbacks to get forward, a Hold Position role or a more defensive minded role sitting in to shore things would help defensively. The DM(S) will link nicely with the two roles in front of him but sending both WBs forward with no one sitting in midfield can be risky  

You play high line of engagement with Dolsberg, who is not the best player for press, and high line with offside with Dante, who is not most pacey player for that ?

Delort will be more a better choice , with an another role of course, an advance forward in my opinion, coupled with your team instruction pass into space, makes sense. 

But for me an another problem, Lemina an AP...Why ? It will break your offensive transition. A CM on attack duty cant impossible ?

And yes, play high line, offside on with Dante is little bit weird...In my opinion, a Ball Playing Defender.

It will be a good idea to take inspiration on how they play last season but really, a more low, middle block, taking advantage on the spaces, leaving by the opponents. But in difficulty, when they met teams in low block system.