[Discussion] & [Suggestion] When promise to strengthen the team failes

rristola

Background. I use mods - English lower leagues and some 'more realism' mods.

[Discussion]

I am a manager in an English 8. level, or 2. regional level team. All amateurs. A lot of new players and staff. I was able to get a good GK - good 7. level GK to my 8. level team, and I didn't hesitate to make a promise to strengthen teams midfield - it wasn't ready then anyway...

By the way, there can be a lot of players, that say 'OK, I could play in your team.', but then they just sign (confirm) another teams contract.

I don't remember in which order all those new players' negotiations were, and when those players confirmed, but...   something is NOT RIGHT.

Most likely order was this:

- negotiations with midfielders

- negotiations with this GK

- midfielders confirm

- that GK confirms    -->>    Is this when that promise 'starting point' is set???

... time passes

- GK wants to leave because I haven't got any better midfielders...

So, first, I must have midfielders to sign after this GK had his negotiations - why aren't them taken into account in this promise? Or, my mistake...?

Second, my 8. level teams best midfielders (LMF, CMF, RMF) are good. Their highest recent playing levels are: League Two, Premier League, Championship League.            What the f..k is that GK expecting? Even better? What would be enough?

And even more, I have a League One midfielder, who has already agreed, but not signed!

Any reason to tune those rules with promises?

[Suggestion]

When that GK came to me with this thing, the only positive thing I could have said to him is 'Sorry.'. There should be more. At least in this case my GK wants to leave...

1) If the transfer window is still open, there should be an option 'We are still actively looking.'.

2) If there are contracts still waiting to be signed, there should be an option 'Contract? We already have. But not signed yet.'.

Edited by rristola
forgot one thing

• 4 months later...