Influence on Governing bodies.

Blauwe vogel

I've been playing in de Eredivisie for some time now, gaining european football nearly every season. Something that is a bit frustrating is the fact that I play a match on Sunday, to have a (very important) champions league game on a Tuesday. 
I don't know about other leagues in real life, but since a couple of years to the KNVB favours teams who also play in Europe with scheduling. They do this -obviously- to give them more rest with the hopes of gaining more points (which in the end will be beneficial for the entire league, which Ajax has shown us the last couple of years under ten Hag, basically skyrocketing us towards an extra CL spot. While conference league last year also has been a gift from the gods for dutch football and coëfficiënt points ). 

My suggestion therefore is this; Implement a (perhaps shallow/small/simple) system that allows a new party i.e. a governing body like the KNVB, or the FA or whatnot. Have it work the same way as  making a board request. 
Extra features besides beneficial scheduling could be Rule changes. In Real life, the Dutch and Belgian league had been discussing a merger,which is (thank god) of the tables. More importanly, all professional clubs get a vote, as they do with more things that I can't recall as of writing this. An older manager game I used to play had something similar, which was Motorsport management.  Ofcourse, we don't want to see leagues change their rules every other season, so that should be contained in some way. 

• 1 month later...
  • SI Staff

Thanks for taking the time to raise this here. This has been documented and is part of our internal database of features for consideration. Like all features raised to us, it could end up rejected, or could after extensive design and development become a part of a future FM.