Bit of advice please

I am playing FM 21 on Switch but this is a general question about form.

I did a journeyman and ended up at spurs. Using a 41212 i won prem league and champions league so i know tactic is sound. To keep it fresh i move DM up to form a 3 if opposition dont use amc, WBs to FBs etc...

Second road to glory, got Newcastle promoted to Prem league and finished 4th with a decent team using above 41212.

Next season was great! Came 2nd in Prem and lost in Semis of Champions league.

3rd season in Prem...improved buying 33 year old Tah CB and Torrerea as DM... after good pre season beating Monaco 6-2 we started season and we fell off a cliff? After 8 games I was in bottom 2. I have changed to a Knapp tactic to try and save something...

What on earth happened?

Notes - 

Morale is high

2 players in

No change to AI tactics like going all out defend etc. I was ready for this.

AI mostly played 4231

Every key highlight was them scoring... my highlight was missing tap ins, hitting post, heading over, shooting wide. 

I was adapting, changing things up.

Any suggestions? I can load up tactic but as I say its proven in thr past. 

Edited by Triggerusa39

hace 5 horas, Triggerusa39 dijo:

Anyone? 

Ive pushed up to 6th and into second round of champions league so squad isnt bad. 

Just wondering why it went so wrong

With the same tactic or the knap one? Maybe just an awful run of luck

On 10/07/2022 at 13:10, Triggerusa39 said:

improved buying 33 year old Tah CB

This could be the problem. FM21 is all about pace. Especially in these ST vs CB duels. A fast defender is better at marking, tackling and intercepting crosses. Even a mediocre footballer like Tyler Magloire is the best defender in the whole game because of this.

1 hour ago, bartex55 said:

This could be the problem. FM21 is all about pace. Especially in these ST vs CB duels. A fast defender is better at marking, tackling and intercepting crosses. Even a mediocre footballer like Tyler Magloire is the best defender in the whole game because of this

Hmm thank you. Funny you say it, as soon i put Tah and Torreia in, it went wrong. 

He is an Elite defender so thought it would help. I do play a standard line... ill re- evaluate and try itbagain next season