How many players in your shortlists

6 hours ago, FrazT said:

120/130 players only

...only! :D

I aim to have a few options for every position. I generally remove players who've moved to clubs that I'm unlikely to compete with, though with younger prospects I sometimes keep an eye on them.

When I change clubs, I send the whole list to the new club's scouts and then delete the list -- re-adding those players that the new club's scouts report favourably on. The idea there is that one is aiming to progress one's career, so the new club should be stronger & richer, and therefore at a higher standard.

Yeah, I see the irony in that but with a top team and 10+ scouts out all the time, it is pretty easy to  top up the shortlist during a season and I am not uncomfortable with 9-10 players for each position.  When I do identify a need, I can usually sort out a replacement from the shortlist, so it does save time in the long run as long as you keep it up to date.

Between 200 and 300.

I used to have a talent list and a short list, before that I had a short list per position (because I regularly retrain). Over time I just put it all in one list which contains a lot of players 

My shortlist changes constantly from season to season, as I tend to have several ready, and future, players for a given position. I can go several seasons without buying/selling a player, but when I hit a season where I need to bring in player(s), I tend to have between 20-30 options for that given position that I monitor during the season. After the season, during the summer window, I then narrow it down to 3 options with whom I try to enter negotiations.

Like 0-1. I gotta say I hate the auto scouting of all shortlisted players. I've stopped shortlisting players because of that actually. In previous versions of the game I'd shortlist a lot more players I was interested in, as well as most players I sold so I could check how their career worked out away from my club.

Always less than 100; preferably something like 50 or 60 - as I tend to focus on my targets. Also, shortlisting a lot of players would naturally cause the inbox to get crowded and eventually make CPU under stress (unless you do have a super powerful CPU & large amount of RAM).

16 hours ago, rusty217 said:

Like 0-1. I gotta say I hate the auto scouting of all shortlisted players. I've stopped shortlisting players because of that actually.

You do know you can turn that off on the shortlists page? Just untick "Keep scout reports up to date".

2 hours ago, sdx15 said:

You do know you can turn that off on the shortlists page? Just untick "Keep scout reports up to date".

I know that, but I'm playing as 24 managers currently and I really can't be bothered to go and do that 24 times.