Loaning out players - which level of training facilities is acceptable?

I wonder what level of training facilities should be the minimum demand when you loan out players?

I think I know enough about other aspects regarding loaning out players. Videos with Zealand and Omega Luke among others have been useful. But I am still uncertain regarding the training facilities.

I assume that it is relative. That it depends on your own club. Training facilities at the receiving club probably shouldn’t be too much worse than at your own club.

I see that Zealand is very demanding regarding this and he is probably one of the better managers out there. In his current save with some Austrian club he never sends anyone out on loan unless the club has at least great training facilities. I believe that is the third highest possible level below state of the art and superb.

Perhaps this implies that one should never loan out players unless the potential receiving club has training facilities within two levels of your own?

If this is wrong, what is a smarter rule of thumb?

Specific example: In my current save with Sunderland I have superb training facilities. Does that mean that I shouldn’t loan out anyone to clubs that have below excellent training facilities (or whatever it is called two levels below superb)?

Up until now I have loaned out players as long as the receiving club had at least below average facilities. I was thinking that game time was more important than relatively bad training facilities. But perhaps I have been wrong. Perhaps the reality is more balanced. Perhaps there is a reason that Zealand is so demanding with training facilities, even regarding players 18 and older.

Consider this - for player development once a player reaches the age of 18 match time at an appropriate level takes precedence.  Training facilities remain important, but they are of secondary importance.

So if loaning out a player think about the amount of playing time he will get at the loaning club (I aim for first team regular or better) and the league he’ll be playing in compared to your coach’s recommended playing level on the player’s coach report.  If the loaning club has decent training facilities, that’s just a bonus.

I wouldn’t loan out anyone below the age of 18 because training takes precedence at that age and your own facilities will always be better than a loaning club’s.

btw - you ask a lot of questions based on YT videos you have watched (which is 100% the right thing to do) and tend to receive different answers from those video’s advice.  That should be telling you something about those videos 🤔.  If you do want to learn more from YT, look up bustthenet.  That channel is run by rashidi who is a Moderator on this forum.

So a lot of YouTube videos have poor quality, even from the more popular content creators such as Zealand? Good to know.

Yeah so far I have been doing pretty much exactly as what you outline herne. The Zealand video just made me insecure. I wonder why he only loans out players if he gets offers from clubs with great training facilities or better. Perhaps I should just ignore his stance on that matter, even if he generally appears to know a lot about the game.

Edited by danej

24 minutes ago, danej said:

So a lot of YouTube videos have poor quality, even from the more popular content creators such as Zealand? Good to know.

Yeah so far I have been doing pretty much exactly as what you outline herne. The Zealand video just made me insecure. I wonder why he only loans out players if he gets offers from clubs with great training facilities or better. Perhaps I should just ignore his stance on that matter, even if he generally appears to know a lot about the game.

YT videos can be entertaining and help you get more from the game.  But there is more than one way to play the game so find the way in which you enjoy it.  FM is kind of unique in as much as there is not a wrong way to play the game - you’re the manager, make your own decisions, learn from your mistakes.  Of course a little extra information about the mechanics of the game can help too, the problem comes from all the duff information that’s out there - and there is a lot of duff info.

As a starting point there are some good guides pinned to the top of this forum which have been checked and verified by SI that can help you learn more about some of the mechanics of the game.  So if you ever hear a youtuber or fan site say something to the contrary, treat with a large pinch of salt 👍.