Scoreboard not showing correct colours

EnigMattic1

For some reason, my scoreboard no longer shows the correct colours for the teams during matches. Regardless of who I play, the home team will always be black and the away team white/grey:

image.png.bae7e89d5810b20727a879a58bd40e26.png

I can't say how long it has been like this as I have been spending more time in the editor than the game lately. This scoreboard was originally made for FM21 by @Wells and had been working fine previously.

Can anyone help me get the correct colours back?

• 1 month later...
On 17/07/2022 at 09:29, EnigMattic1 said:

For some reason, my scoreboard no longer shows the correct colours for the teams during matches. Regardless of who I play, the home team will always be black and the away team white/grey:

image.png.bae7e89d5810b20727a879a58bd40e26.png

I can't say how long it has been like this as I have been spending more time in the editor than the game lately. This scoreboard was originally made for FM21 by @Wells and had been working fine previously.

Can anyone help me get the correct colours back?

Hey @EnigMattic1
did you solve your issue ?
else dump the file here as it would make things alot easier to figure out.

2 hours ago, snowofman said:

Hey @EnigMattic1
did you solve your issue ?
else dump the file here as it would make things alot easier to figure out.

I will let you know once I've played a few more games. I think the side that says "Valour" may be to do with colours in the editor as I changed them to reflect this seasons new kit. I am still not sure on the away team though.

59 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

The scoreboard is still the same. I don't understand why as it is the same one I used on FM21 and it worked fine on FM22 before. Here is the file:

match score area panel.xml 7.51 kB · 1 download

The scoreboard is working fine, i can see that it's the once from Michael

I have added a zip file with some "graphics" Files, add them to the graphics folder of your skin

boxes.zip

2 hours ago, snowofman said:

The scoreboard is working fine, i can see that it's the once from Michael

I have added a zip file with some "graphics" Files, add them to the graphics folder of your skin

boxes.zip 8.58 kB · 0 downloads

I don't think it was Michael that did the scoreboard, I think it was Wells, but I have already tried replacing the graphics files. I will try with the ones you attached.

5 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

I don't think it was Michael that did the scoreboard, I think it was Wells, but I have already tried replacing the graphics files. I will try with the ones you attached.

i tried your file in my skin and it worked fine, give the graphics a try and let me know if it's still not working (which would be strange imo) but we won't give up that easy :)

It works fine now, although I think I need to move it right slightly as the home team (Valour) is still showing as all black:

image.png.d79cd1813523814399b5eed2f4dcc6d2.png

I will double check the colours in the editor.

Yeah, Valour should be black and red.

Edited by EnigMattic1

14 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

It works fine now, although I think I need to move it right slightly as the home team (Valour) is still showing as all black:

image.png.d79cd1813523814399b5eed2f4dcc6d2.png

I will double check the colours in the editor.

Yeah, Valour should be black and red.

I don't think you get multi color in the bar itself, i've never seen it from what i recall

have you tried with a team that isnt black ?

5 minutes ago, snowofman said:

I don't think you get multi color in the bar itself, i've never seen it from what i recall

have you tried with a team that isnt black ?

I mean like how FC Manitoba is dark blue with the lighter blue strip on the edge. Valour's should be red.

3 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

I mean like how FC Manitoba is dark blue with the lighter blue strip on the edge. Valour's should be red.

ahh okay, misunderstood that and didnt think..

i'll take a look and see if i can figure something out. Hang on

17 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

i'm having hard time here, as i can't locate a possible error when it works fine for me

i can't replica what your seeing, so i am not sure what more i can do. :(

score.PNG

Yeah, the way your Yeovil is 2 different shades of green, Valour should be black (the darker green) and red (the lighter green). I can't work out why it is all black on mine unless there is an overlap between the timer and the home team. I am playing away in the next match, so I can double check.

37 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Yeah, the way your Yeovil is 2 different shades of green, Valour should be black (the darker green) and red (the lighter green). I can't work out why it is all black on mine unless there is an overlap between the timer and the home team. I am playing away in the next match, so I can double check.

This is your score board file i'm showing you here.
thats why i'm having trouble finding a possible error

17 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

No. I don't have that file

then i have no idea, the last few pictures is with your file, so the file itself is working as it should. and if you added the graphics i sent, then that should be fine aswell as it's the same as i use..

sorry

11 minutes ago, snowofman said:

then i have no idea, the last few pictures is with your file, so the file itself is working as it should. and if you added the graphics i sent, then that should be fine aswell as it's the same as i use..

sorry

The only other addition that I have is this:

image.png.bf2791e7694c6a5ae5e07cbaf18773f5.png

Which is now making me think that the problem is in the pre game editor as you can see from the bottom of the pic, that Valour's colours are white and gold, not white and grey which is what the scoreboard is showing.

4 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

The only other addition that I have is this:

Spoiler

image.png.bf2791e7694c6a5ae5e07cbaf18773f5.png

Which is now making me think that the problem is in the pre game editor as you can see from the bottom of the pic, that Valour's colours are white and gold, not white and grey which is what the scoreboard is showing.

you might be right in that
tho it should be the same color as the shirt to prevent color clash, so it would not be red now and the other team is playing in red. But next time i play fm i will have to pay attension to the colors. 

14 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Master's kit in the editor:

image.png.49765cf46fd1064dbc55f445978badf8.png

And Valour's:

image.png.e1d1888e32c708c25e5da03bcaec5b2a.png

That's why I don't understand where the grey is coming from. Anyway, I will see what I can find out. Thanks for the help.

you're welcome and i'll let you know what i find next time i play FM.. will probably be after i have slept..
POE does take my focus away at league start....

On 21/08/2022 at 06:40, snowofman said:

you're welcome and i'll let you know what i find next time i play FM.. will probably be after i have slept..
POE does take my focus away at league start....

Just adding to this, I have noticed that, in all my league games this season, my team shows as grey with a white bar at the end and and the other team being all black and, in the 3D match engine, both teams will be playing in black. This has happened when I have played Forge, HFX and Ottawa, despite there being no kit clash. The weird thing is, the only team this hasn't happened with in the league is York United.

12 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Just adding to this, I have noticed that, in all my league games this season, my team shows as grey with a white bar at the end and and the other team being all black and, in the 3D match engine, both teams will be playing in black. This has happened when I have played Forge, HFX and Ottawa, despite there being no kit clash. The weird thing is, the only team this hasn't happened with in the league is York United.

i have no idea what the issue might be.
it's working find at my end, with your file. and you got the graphics file i use.

only thing would be if you have changed the primary color in the settings file

9 minutes ago, snowofman said:

i have no idea what the issue might be.
it's working find at my end, with your file. and you got the graphics file i use.

only thing would be if you have changed the primary color in the settings file

I have only changed the kit colours for Valour to reflect this seasons kits. But, the thing that is confusing is, the kits that show in the 3D match when both teams are in black, are actual kits. And they are always the away kits. Even when I played York, they were in their away kit. I have yet to see the home team actually wear their home kit in the 3D engine.