I need a few tips

I need a few tips on how i can get a player to lower there wage demands for eg i have Trincao on loan but he earns 130k a week at Barcelona i have a option to buy he wants to join but wants 170k way out of my clubs pay structure i know in real life he would join and lower his demands but how can i do this in fm.  

If he does not accept lowering wage, then you may demand your board to increase wages. For this simply follow: Make Board Request -> Finance -> Increase Wage Budget. Alternatively, you may adjust your transfer and wage budget.

Edited by talhak

2 hours ago, latrell said:

I need a few tips on how i can get a player to lower there wage demands for eg i have Trincao on loan but he earns 130k a week at Barcelona i have a option to buy he wants to join but wants 170k way out of my clubs pay structure i know in real life he would join and lower his demands but how can i do this in fm.  

What he is wanting and what he will accept can be widely different depending on his circumstances.  Try to make his wage up with lots of bonuses and see if he bites.  Sometimes upping the agent fee can also help.

thanks for the tips i am going to give it a try never thought of doing the bonus route as i did not think that would work, i really do not want to ask the board as i want him to be in line with other top earners my worry is if the board agrees every man is gonna come to me wanting big wages.

10 minutes ago, FrazT said:

You need to decide if he is worth the hassle then- breaking a wage structure can be the top of a very slippery slope of player issues, so be very careful if this is the road you go down.

Indeed i think i will wait till the end of the season before risking upsetting the other players and see if he is worth it.  

On 17/07/2022 at 23:25, latrell said:

Indeed i think i will wait till the end of the season before risking upsetting the other players and see if he is worth it.  

Also depending on how his season and yours goes, or/and how long his current t contract is he may accept less towards the end of the season. However as he is decent, waiting runs the risk of losing him to a rival of course. Although that option to buy is a bonus