An unfair sacking?

I want to get one thing straight before I explain my situation,  I'm not making this as I'm salty, and I understand in the real management world managers get unfairly sacked e.g.. Sean Dyce at Burnley

I am making this post the next day from the sacking.

I started a brand new 2021 save with west ham. In my first season I won the Europa league [completely unexpected beat Sevilla villeral Lazio ajax] Got into the champions league group stage for next season via Europa cup. I also finished 11th in the league

2nd season Board still only wanted top half and 0 expectations in the champions league my group stage was Barcelona Napoli and f.c. Copenhagen. Against all the odds I beat and drew against bara beat Copenhagen and Napoli, I finish top of the champions league table AND Copenhagen make it through, I knocked out bara and Napoli. so I'm in the r16 of the champions league. This is the world cup year I was low in the prem table but the board just invested an extra 61m into the transfer budget without me asking I bought Danilo brazilin CM, kaiky Brazilian CB and Wilfred ndidi for 35m. played Chelsea after 52 days of no games I loose the board want to speak to me I tell them I'm getting a lot of injury's which I was, said that wasn't enough and fed up of all the excuses keep in mind they just gave me loads of money I bought in some very important players and I'm in the r16 champions league. I say after everything ive done for this club or something similar and then they sack me on the spot

This is a game, i was very really enjoying it having lots of fun a few wins in the league with the new players joining would of flew me up the table

image.thumb.png.1460143f6c35fe0b2b5739a5ab1896f6.png

image.png.fca219bca7bb505368d2331a9ed14576.png

image.png.8b88eb9fcc7ac2e62e001e2d22a6e10a.png

image.png.7bf67d6e0fab9ae979734227f37a3574.png

image.thumb.png.e80937d975d67a9d35247d667b286f9c.png

The issue is that the board had no expectations of your performance in the CL, so your success will not really be influencing them much.  They did expect a top half league position and this will be what they are concentrating on I am afraid.  They have invested 61m and you are still low in the league I presume, so realistically you are not performing as they want. It is illogical and hard to understand but I think that is the way that the game is coded. 

Maybe if you had approached your discussion with the board without an ultimatum, the outcome may have been different? Football boards are not fans of ultimatums and you really need to very sure of your position before making one.  Do you not have a save from before the Chelsea game to go back to and see if you can negotiate to get some more time?

6 minutes ago, FrazT said:

The issue is that the board had no expectations of your performance in the CL, so your success will not really be influencing them much.  They did expect a top half league position and this will be what they are concentrating on I am afraid.  They have invested 61m and you are still low in the league I presume, so realistically you are not performing as they want. It is illogical and hard to understand but I think that is the way that the game is coded. 

Maybe if you had approached your discussion with the board without an ultimatum, the outcome may have been different? Football boards are not fans of ultimatums and you really need to very sure of your position before making one.  Do you not have a save from before the Chelsea game to go back to and see if you can negotiate to get some more time?

I was already low in the table before the investment im talking like 16th but i knew the signings would boost me up shame I didnt get that chance but you have to agree in REAL LIFE the champions leauge beating barca etc and the new signings joining in a week that they gave me the extra money they woudnt of sacked me, i have a save game file before the sacking so ill seee what i can do

37 minutes ago, Cas46 said:

Ranieri won the league with Leicester and got them into the CL knockout stages the next season and got sacked for being 16th or so in the league.

read the post again , i already said i know it happens in real life but this is a game they want you to have fun

4 hours ago, PandaIsland said:

I re talked to the board and I have to get 8 points in 5 games

Yeah, I was gonna say that's definitely what cost you. "everything ive done for this club" is an awfully demanding stance to take, this is also what, your 2nd season there? So you haven't really built up any history/board relationships to pull that kind of response off. In my experience the more apologetic stuff, or asking what it would take to save your job works much better in terms of keeping your job. I guess that's the kind of approach you took the 2nd time for the points objective?

On 19/07/2022 at 06:04, PandaIsland said:

image.png.fca219bca7bb505368d2331a9ed14576.png

Your game seems super realistic - it's 2022 and from a CL group containing Barcelona, Napoli, debutants West Ham and perennial whipping boy Copenhagen, it's the 'Ammers and the Danes who make the knock out stages :lol:

Edited by IbrahimAliMaher

First, I agree that is not fun.  But as as @IbrahimAliMaher points out, the 'game-fun' was a completely unrealistic UCL Group Stage; 

Second, it seems that your UCL success had a positive effect:  the board gave you a lot more money;   

Third, in support of what as @FrazTpoints out, unless you win the UCL, you will not play any continental football next year; and

Fourth, apologies but irl, I think that most clubs the level of West Ham would sack you:  for two seasons, your PL results are well below acceptable and they'd prefer to let a different manager spend that money.