Players Attributes: Where you draw the lines?

The title may not be well explained as I am not very good in English. What I mean to say, is what is your "draw line" to not sign a player (or to sell). For example lets say if a player has below 10 on Stamina or Decisions or Acceleration I do not count him at all!

That may also read as "whats your most important attributes that you dont compromise to be low".

For me generally are mental attributes. I just dont want my players being dump. I prefer them to play well and do clever and correct decision, even if physically and technically cannot execute them. Especially "Decisions" attribute, if its below 11-12 I consider the player bad, even if he has very good stats elsewhere!

Whats yours preferrences? Also from your experience which attributes did you seem to be more impactful?

Depends upon your league, your team's expectations and wealth, your tactics and each player's position.  For example, if you are managing Tottenham, I'd say you want key positional attributes to be at least around 14-15 for a starting player to compete with the best teams.  Of course, there can be tradeoffs:  for example, if a player's role is more creative, you might sacrifice some shooting, for better vision/decisions/flair/passing. 

By key attributes, I mean the highlighted attributes for each role and duty, plus whatever else you value most for that role.

On 19/07/2022 at 15:25, Ampalaea4 said:

I just dont want my players being dump. I prefer them to play well and do clever and correct decision, even if physically and technically cannot execute them. Especially "Decisions" attribute, if its below 11-12 I consider the player bad, even if he has very good stats elsewhere!

I understand where you're coming from but if a player is good then you should consider him and play him in a role where it is the most simple in which case that said player "only has one job". Decisions by itself won't ruin the player and this goes for any other player which you judge simply by a number of attributes. This is why combinations are important and in a very simple tactic even a bad player can play very well. For example when playing in the lower leagues physical stats are very valuable and you could stumble upon a player which has high Accel. + Pace and  poor composure, first touch, finishing and he still goes on to be the top goal scorer in the league. Granted he is how say "dumb" but as a manager when you come across such players you need to play to his advantages in turn he is valuable for the team