Do scouts assigned to a region/country in which you don't have active competitions still scout players?

My last football manager game was 2 years ago, and there one of my biggest frustrations was the scouting mechanics. Especially, that when you did not select an active competition for a country the scouts assigned to that country would not do anything. Their knowledge meter would not move. And they would never watch any games (only at the beginning of the season when a club of that country played friendlies or was in a european tournament). I would have expected that the scouts would attend games even if they not officially simulated just to gain knowledge and that in this way a regen would be discovered or a regen would be spawned at your club that came from that country.

Has this been changed?

3 hours ago, strateeg32 said:

My last football manager game was 2 years ago, and there one of my biggest frustrations was the scouting mechanics. Especially, that when you did not select an active competition for a country the scouts assigned to that country would not do anything. Their knowledge meter would not move. And they would never watch any games (only at the beginning of the season when a club of that country played friendlies or was in a european tournament). I would have expected that the scouts would attend games even if they not officially simulated just to gain knowledge and that in this way a regen would be discovered or a regen would be spawned at your club that came from that country.

Has this been changed?

In a way yes. They only scout club friendlies, continental matches and international matches. However, that isn't enough to fill up knowledge quickly. For example, if you tell a scout to go to Ivory Coast, the only matches he can watch are African continental matches (Champions league and Confederations cup) that involve Ivorian teams, senior and youth international matches of Ivory coast and friendlies that involve Ivorian club teams.

Edited by obasa_G

On 22/07/2022 at 17:35, obasa_G said:

In a way yes. They only scout club friendlies, continental matches and international matches. However, that isn't enough to fill up knowledge quickly. For example, if you tell a scout to go to Ivory Coast, the only matches he can watch are African continental matches (Champions league and Confederations cup) that involve Ivorian teams, senior and youth international matches of Ivory coast and friendlies that involve Ivorian club teams.

They should really change this. Very unrealistic. The point of having scouts is to discover talents in ways you can't.

They should just pretend they watch matches, pretend they are simulated but that the human cannot see them.

Yeah, its pretty weird. But some sort of matches are simulated in the background, eventhough they cant be scouted. I have loaned out a Player to Ghana and he has attended 33 Matches. Hopefully they re-work the scouting someday.

image.png.13952171573f9435c158a5779842c9d9.png