The Data Hub UX is very frustrating

Murdre Dukc

The current data hub requires me to either rely on a selection of charts from the staff (not recommended to anyone who ever relied on staff AI) or about five minutes of clicking on everything only to fill the screen with a disorganised list of charts.

What I mean is this:

image.png.30da545060b0560b9854fad0e043e5ee.png

• To get everything I want, I need to go through a three-level menu multiple times for every screen (team, player per position, etc).
  • The menu is itself disorganised (Match Momentum, Pass Map, xG are football terms, while Polygon and Scatter graph are data display terms)
  • Dropdown lists can easily go out of focus if I move my mouse by accident.
  • When I'm done, there is no way to organise all the tiles in a sensible way
  • The "ask for" widget is on a dropdown and can't be visibly pinned. I'm not sure if it's going to disappear if I hover outside it or not, and this uncertainty makes me more cautious about moving through UI that already requires a lot of time.

I feel like the intent here was to create "immersion" by having to "ask the data analyst" depending on my need, then presumably wipe the screen every time (?), but that's absolutely not how real people play games, never, ever. I don't want to have a conversation with my UI. I want to look at it and see things, and I want to organise it at the speed of thought. Once I've done it, I want it to remain useful. In a real conversation with a real data analyst, I would tell him "please give me all stats which would help us find the optimal way of progressing the ball". There was no manual work here involved. Then I would tell him "I want this report updated real time from now on".

What I would like here as a player is:

• A more organised UI divided logically into areas of interest - not a blank grid to throw charts at
  • Areas prefilled with basic stats and with an option to add more charts - or just give me all of them, whatever
  • No 3-tier dropdown lists I have to click through all the way for every chart, just give me a list of tickboxes. FM is notoriously bad at using screen space
  • Ideally, I would like to add my own screens with several charts. For example "defensive performance" would be tackling across all positions, goalkeeping stats (basic + advanced), maybe defender passing. Leave this up to me, let me keep it for later.
Edited by Murdre Dukc

• 3 months later...