Loaning Players Out

kevgaleuk

could you consider 5 things...

1. When listing players some way of distinguishing between those being loaned for development vs those you're happy to let go out (older or unwanted players). The reason for this is that I would assume for young players the bigger clubs are less concerned about the financial aspect and more about their development so if my £500 a week player doesn't get a fee and we pay his wages but he gets to play a whole season the board should not be unhappy vs that expensive striker who I don't want but would like off the wage bill you'd expect them to want a fee and wage contribution
  2. When fees are included can you make it easier to understand the finances - the box on the right sort of tells you but its not clear. Maybe have it as a loan fee (total) with the monthly contribution in brackets and the section at the bottom to be loan fee (x) + wages (y) + future fee if one exists (z). = total
  3. Linked to 1) - A board expectation (not necessarily binding but indicative of their happiness) for the fee/wage contribution e.g. young players under a certain wage they're happy with no fee and low wages so long as the player is going to be a regular somewhere; for players over a certain wage but still needing development (future, youngster and breakthrough) no fee but some contribution to wages and players over a certain age / squad status a level of fee / contribution
  4. When agreeing to let a player go out on loan, 1) don't make it a promise - you are open to it so long as certain conditions are met and your agent can do some work to help drum up interest behind you listing them for loan & 2) when agreeing to a loan setting the conditions e.g. wage contribution, a fee etc so that when you reject stupid offers for a player you'd not necessarily want to see leave the squad they don't get arsey
  5. In the "add to development" section can you add "fee" to the list of options. I can't tell me DOF/Assigned Staff Member that I do or don't want a fee to be included