Removal of attributes.

EnigMattic1

After reading the latest thread by @Rashidi, I have been wondering. Obviously, as shown in the thread, attributes can be removed in preferences, but what panels would still show attributes or anything attribute related?

Obviously, panels like the data hub would be an exception, but is there any way to remove the attributes from training and progress or any training screen in general?

And with the comparison screen, can you leave the polygon, but remove where it has the attributes:

image.png.e14d22a9ade9d2481f2dfb1f24c2874f.png

5 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

After reading the latest thread by @Rashidi, I have been wondering. Obviously, as shown in the thread, attributes can be removed in preferences, but what panels would still show attributes or anything attribute related?

Obviously, panels like the data hub would be an exception, but is there any way to remove the attributes from training and progress or any training screen in general?

And with the comparison screen, can you leave the polygon, but remove where it has the attributes:

Spoiler

image.png.e14d22a9ade9d2481f2dfb1f24c2874f.png

I would think so yes.
player/player comparison attribute analyser outfield
player/player comparison attribute analyser goalkeeper

have the poly and should be possible to remove the attributes.

oO(I havnt tried myself, so it's not 100%)

10 hours ago, snowofman said:

I would think so yes.
player/player comparison attribute analyser outfield
player/player comparison attribute analyser goalkeeper

have the poly and should be possible to remove the attributes.

oO(I havnt tried myself, so it's not 100%)

I know there are skins out there where the attributes have been replaced with stars (which is a decent skin), I just kinda prefer to have nothing as opposed to a star.

Ok, I have done the player comparison panels:

image.png.c051c10294395fc52497dbccf15827a5.png

All I have to do now is training/progress (I am currently at the start of my save) and a couple of attribute views that weren't affected by changing the "A" value in preferences:

image.png.5abb0170a81c0de8987f42b34777641a.png

image.png.112cca02d9c11b57a0ea01a242c4dfd3.png

Edited by EnigMattic1

5 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

I know there are skins out there where the attributes have been replaced with stars (which is a decent skin), I just kinda prefer to have nothing as opposed to a star.

Ok, I have done the player comparison panels:

Spoiler

image.png.c051c10294395fc52497dbccf15827a5.png

All I have to do now is training/progress (I am currently at the start of my save) and a couple of attribute views that weren't affected by changing the "A" value in preferences:

Spoiler

image.png.5abb0170a81c0de8987f42b34777641a.png

Spoiler

image.png.112cca02d9c11b57a0ea01a242c4dfd3.png

The attribute panels should be just as easy 
and for the views, should not be to hard either

on top of my head i can give you these views

person search staff views
player search player view
person search team shortlist views

hope it will help just a little

46 minutes ago, snowofman said:

The attribute panels should be just as easy 
and for the views, should not be to hard either

on top of my head i can give you these views

person search staff views
player search player view
person search team shortlist views

hope it will help just a little

I think part of it is down to the background that I have put behind the numbers. If I switch to a skin that doesn't use them, the attributes on the player screen are invisible.

Sorted it. I needed to change some code in "person properties" and then restart in order to get the background to disappear which, in turn, got rid of the attributes.

Edited by EnigMattic1

1 hour ago, _Ben_ said:

Could you not use the transparent option in the colour preferences for each attribute number?

Not sure whether that’s a ‘one size fits all’ approach or not though. 

I have got all the attributes hidden for where I can (currently) see them. As I get further into the save, I will be able to see any other panels that I need to look at in order to hide attributes.

The problem I was having was the "background" I added to the attributes in the "person properties" xml but I have now resolved that issue.

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/07/2022 at 16:08, EnigMattic1 said:

I think part of it is down to the background that I have put behind the numbers. If I switch to a skin that doesn't use them, the attributes on the player screen are invisible.

Sorted it. I needed to change some code in "person properties" and then restart in order to get the background to disappear which, in turn, got rid of the attributes.

Hey @EnigMattic1 - where exactly did you find the number value ?
i'm currently looking for the values where it's the highest and threfor has the square, i can't for the life of me find it or figure out what i have changed sine the value has gone missing (see picture)

i am aware that the lines share the color with the values but i just wanna get the hidden number in the box back 

Thanks in advance

Edit: I am looking in "player comparison attribute analyser outfield" 

da.PNG

Edited by snowofman

• 4 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, karlcole said:

Ah nice, do you ever share your skin or just keep it for personal use?

To be totally honest, I'm not happy with it at the moment. But I wouldn't share it without permission from the other skinners who's panels I've used.

• 4 weeks later...

In a perfect world, 'attributes' would mostly be performance-related stats, such as passes completed, tackle % etc, since that's the kind of thing clubs would actually use to evaluate a player. With maybe some comments like 'excellent first touch and awareness' or whatever. Not sure the ME is advanced enough to be using those things in FM though. I do like the idea of taking away the numerical attributes and ESPECIALLY the stars

Edited by ceefax the cat