Need help with this one

This is the worst tactic in terms of result I have made :(
And I have changed and you know how it is when you c
ant turn it around you just start doing things. 
So I just wanted to share and ask other FM lovers WHAT IS WRONG HERE :)

What would you change and Why.

Sass.jpg.23257d9bbd2b2edc06f9b71a547e11eb.jpg

Edited by Nima2708

In terms of player roles, I would only make one change and that is to make Berardi an IWat.

Your team instructions are a bit contradictory though, in possession you want to play a kind of tiki-taka, without the ball you want the defense to be high but in the transition you want to counter. In my opinion, countering works better if you leave room to counter, so a standard or lower line of engagement.

Or you choose to make your entire approach tiki-taka, but then I would check counter press instead of counter and change the role of Scamacca to CFat or PFat.

I'm no expert but nothing glaringly obvious stands out from the roles you've chosen for your players. I mean in terms of balance across the team and the number of defensive/supporting/attacking duties. I suspect some of the roles themselves could use a tweak but I'll leave that to others more qualified to comment.

However, I would start by getting rid of all your team instructions and then watching the games on comprehensive highlights or even full match. It can be boring but think of it as an investment. That way you can see what's actually happening and decide whether they're playing in the way you want. You can then introduce team instructions and/or changes in player roles to try to tackle any issues you notice but do so one at a time and see what impact it has. If you're happy with the change, keep it and carry on trying to identify any other issues that might exist. In theory, you should eventually reach a style of play you're happy with.

Hopefully, you'll see some improvement and can then go back to watching games on extended highlights (I wouldn't recommend key highlights at all because you don't learn anything). Bear in mind that, unless you happen to stumble across a tactic which is pure gold, you may have to repeat the above process when the AI begins to treat you as more of a threat and starts playing more defensively against you.

There's a couple of things that are quite contradictory.

• Shorter Passing, DLP, Advanced Playmaker but a Target Forward - are you going long or short?
  • BPD will go long to the Target Forward so at times will bypass the 3 in midfield. 
  • With BPD on cover, flanked by a wingback, there is a lot of space for the opposition to exploit when you lose the ball. 
  • You're playing an high mid block - what are your pressing instructions like?

If you're looking for a shorter passing system, change the Striker to a DLF or something that doesn't attract long balls. You will naturally create overloads on the right, so a change of the striker role will help support this. Counter for a possession tactic work but counter-pressing will likely be better. 

If you're looking to a play a direct system, reduce the number of playmakers and get players closer to the TF (Maybe a 4-2-3-1 will support this style better)

14 hours ago, Karlo said:

In terms of player roles, I would only make one change and that is to make Berardi an IWat.

Your team instructions are a bit contradictory though, in possession you want to play a kind of tiki-taka, without the ball you want the defense to be high but in the transition you want to counter. In my opinion, countering works better if you leave room to counter, so a standard or lower line of engagement.

Or you choose to make your entire approach tiki-taka, but then I would check counter press instead of counter and change the role of Scamacca to CFat or PFat.

Thanks I will try that :)

13 hours ago, Lumbertubs said:

I'm no expert but nothing glaringly obvious stands out from the roles you've chosen for your players. I mean in terms of balance across the team and the number of defensive/supporting/attacking duties. I suspect some of the roles themselves could use a tweak but I'll leave that to others more qualified to comment.

However, I would start by getting rid of all your team instructions and then watching the games on comprehensive highlights or even full match. It can be boring but think of it as an investment. That way you can see what's actually happening and decide whether they're playing in the way you want. You can then introduce team instructions and/or changes in player roles to try to tackle any issues you notice but do so one at a time and see what impact it has. If you're happy with the change, keep it and carry on trying to identify any other issues that might exist. In theory, you should eventually reach a style of play you're happy with.

Hopefully, you'll see some improvement and can then go back to watching games on extended highlights (I wouldn't recommend key highlights at all because you don't learn anything). Bear in mind that, unless you happen to stumble across a tactic which is pure gold, you may have to repeat the above process when the AI begins to treat you as more of a threat and starts playing more defensively against you.

Thank you :)

Main problem is I have weak driblers and weak defensive players. I concede easy goals. as well as having problem making good enough chance. 

12 hours ago, luke.keattch said:

There's a couple of things that are quite contradictory.

• Shorter Passing, DLP, Advanced Playmaker but a Target Forward - are you going long or short?
  • BPD will go long to the Target Forward so at times will bypass the 3 in midfield. 
  • With BPD on cover, flanked by a wingback, there is a lot of space for the opposition to exploit when you lose the ball. 
  • You're playing an high mid block - what are your pressing instructions like?

If you're looking for a shorter passing system, change the Striker to a DLF or something that doesn't attract long balls. You will naturally create overloads on the right, so a change of the striker role will help support this. Counter for a possession tactic work but counter-pressing will likely be better. 

If you're looking to a play a direct system, reduce the number of playmakers and get players closer to the TF (Maybe a 4-2-3-1 will support this style better)

Thanks a lot of great things here!!