Tactic question regarding "Width"

I was wondering what the tactical option in team mentality "Width" includes.

• Does it apply on both offensive and defensive scenarios? So if i set "Wide" my team is actually wide in defense too instead of compact?
  • Does it "overwrite" the passing style to a certain degree (maybe based on creative freedom) - if i chose passing through "center" and width on "wide" do my central players look to play the ball out wide more?
  • Does "narrow" mean my players ignore the flanks? So if i have a winger an have width on "wide" does he still get passed to or is he more or less ignored and "only" provides space for other player (and often get a bad rating)
  • Does choosing "wide" impacts my strikers movement so he will roam to the flanks more often?
  • Does chossing "wide" impacts how my inside forwards position themselves? Because even with width set to "wide" the are always on the edge of the penalty area even my team still is in the build-up (instead of giving widht first and then - when the ball is in or close to the last third - cut inside)

I would be thankful to everyone who can give me a little insight on what this option actually influences.

On 27/07/2022 at 18:30, Adelrahn said:

I was wondering what the tactical option in team mentality "Width" includes.

• Does it apply on both offensive and defensive scenarios? So if i set "Wide" my team is actually wide in defense too instead of compact?
  • Does it "overwrite" the passing style to a certain degree (maybe based on creative freedom) - if i chose passing through "center" and width on "wide" do my central players look to play the ball out wide more?
  • Does "narrow" mean my players ignore the flanks? So if i have a winger an have width on "wide" does he still get passed to or is he more or less ignored and "only" provides space for other player (and often get a bad rating)
  • Does choosing "wide" impacts my strikers movement so he will roam to the flanks more often?
  • Does chossing "wide" impacts how my inside forwards position themselves? Because even with width set to "wide" the are always on the edge of the penalty area even my team still is in the build-up (instead of giving widht first and then - when the ball is in or close to the last third - cut inside)

I would be thankful to everyone who can give me a little insight on what this option actually influences.

• Width in this game affects the compactness in and out of possession.  Defending narrowly and attacking wide is impossible in this game. It's why we've been crying to the developers to add more instructions to the tactic creator. It is too limited. 

• Narrow width reduces the distances between your players. It doesn't necessarily force your players to attack down the middle. Although it makes attacking down the middle easier since there are shorter distances between them.

Attacking in specific areas of the pitch is affected by passing focus. You can still use narrow width and stretch the pitch horizontally by using wingers. 

• In a 442, wide width will definitely create more separation between two strikers. A lone striker might stay central even with wide width.   

• Inside forwards in this game are literally "inside forwards". It is what it is. And individual instructions don't exist. If it did,  we would simply tell the brother to stay wider when the team is in possession.