Problem with contract negotiations

Hello. This is a question to the game developers, I hope they read this post. Why is it so, that when I offer a player a contract, it's either I meet their minimum requirements there and then or the negotiations end whereas my DoF can drop any offer, typically much lower than what I can offer them, and most often it is accepted in the end. Also, often when trying to outbid an AI manager for a player, I find he chooses the other club even though their offer was worse and they supposedly preferred my club. I can't find a logical explanation for that. It's like AI staff gets a handicap when it comes to negotiations. Things like this makes me feel not like being one of the managers but like the odd one out, to whom special rules apply. I feel level playing field is what the game badly needs. I sense you are trying to compensate for inherent AI dumbness by giving it extra points, instead of trying to make it smarter. In chess, this would amount to allowing the AI side two moves at a time rather than improving its skill.

Edited by astandet
typo