Buying more players for a cheaper price or less players with more quality but expensive

I think it depends on what I already have available to me and what I need. If all the options I have for goalkeepers are average for example, then I’ll get one good goalkeeper but if I already have good players in every position and I’m not planning on selling any of them I will just keep the money 

7 horas atrás, DarJ disse:

I think it depends on what I already have available to me and what I need. If all the options I have for goalkeepers are average for example, then I’ll get one good goalkeeper but if I already have good players in every position and I’m not planning on selling any of them I will just keep the money 

Let's say that you have some money, thanks to some players you sold and you have to spend that money wisely. There's some positions with players below the standards.  Would you rather buy more players for a cheaper price and for more positions, but those players are not that much better that the ones you had or to keep some of those poorer players in their positions and buy less players, but players that are quality and thus more expensive?

When I'm at a club without a lot of money I'll often go for specific niche type players who aren't well rounded but excel at something specific and therefore tend to be cheaper as you have to use them in a specific way to get results.

So I'll prioritise blistering acceleration for my full backs over a better, rounded out but slower player. Up front I'll usually have two options in again a blisteringly fast player, but also an instinctive high off the ball/anticipation slower player who I can sub on later in games etc. 

At the times money is tight getting more options who offer something very different suits me far better than a lesser amount of more well rounded and generally more expensive players.

The other other alternative is signing players who you think you can flip for a decent profit after 6-12 months.

It's riskier, but if improving your club's finances is a priority, it can often be worth signing someone on high wages if you think he'll play well enough that a club will be willing to pay 2-3 times what you've paid him in wages. You get the money, and hopefully some good performances from him in the meantime.

Depends on the players available, but usually when I don't have much money available i go for squad Depth.

This will also give me more Sella le objects with profit in mind, and make sure that i improve my squad rapidly, other than just a few positions.

I only go big on transfers when my save is about to end.

I would usually go for quality. Most likely at the end of every season I try to improve the worst 1-2 players of my starting eleven.

You can go for a deeper squad with more money to have somewhat 15 top tier players to rotate due to fixture congestion