[Suggestion] Option to Train Players in Secondary Roles

Jack722

I think that role training at the moment is quite inefficient and tedious. The option to train three tactics at once is great, and realistic imo, but to compliment this you should be able to train secondary roles. For example if I have a 343 attacking and then a 541 defensive tactic in my second slot, I should be able to train my winger as an IF primarily in role training, and then also as an IW in a secondary slot. So that when we switch to the 541 defensive tactic, his P/R/D familiarity won't take such a big hit.

Other realistic uses for it would be having a youth players who hasn't quite nailed down a spot in the starting XI. For example, I have a young winger with good agility, dribbling, technique and passing. It would make sense to be able to train him as an IW at LW, IW at RW and MEZ at CM, so that he can more or less cover multiple positions in a 433, without being 'awkward' in any. I don't expect or want players to be 'fluid' in any position without extensive game time and primary training in the position, but I think it's reasonable to expect players to have the familirty bar around half full for more than one position. Currently the only way to do this is by reguarly going into individual training and changing their role every few weeks. A secondary role will allow us to set them multiple positions to learn and then not think about it again, this will be much quicker and less irritating.

• 3 months later...