[Suggestion] Play as existing Manager

mliszko00

Hi guys, sometimes when I want to play team I have a sort of moral problem, that the team has just recently announced a new manager. And that is always weird to me to pick the team, and just see that the manager was immediatly sacked after signing the contract (like e.g on FM 23 I would like to play Man Utd, so they'd have to sack EtH). I don't like that so for first few months of FM I don't usually play the newly coached teams. 

What I was thinking is that maybe, since all managers have their stats, they should be playable, and at the start of every game you could choose between "Create your own manager" and "Play as existing manager".

For existing manager you would not be able to change his statistics, but you could change his tactics and style of play - imagine Guardiola mastering Parking the Bus or Tiki-Taka Mourinho. And that could also influence press conferences where journalists could ask why did you change style etc.

That's a feature I've been hoping for a long time and I would to see that, so freshly signed managers would not have to be sacked.

Cheers all

P.S If FM 23 is going to feature Women's Teams then that's a great idea and you have my support

• 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff

Thanks for taking the time to raise this here. This is something which has already been flagged as a request within the community, so has already been documented and is part of our internal database of features for consideration. Like all features raised to us, it could end up rejected, or could after extensive design and development become a part of a future FM.