client_object help

EnigMattic1

Is there anyone who could help me with the "client object browser" file? There are things I would like to try and do with the skin I am working on, some of which I know are possible, but I don't know how to go about it.

Some of what I want to do, I already have on another skin but the relevant code was done for me (having the header/titlebar stretch across the screen) so I don't know which code controls that. 

I would also like the side bar to hide if I am not hovering over it. That was also put into a different file for me, but it wouldn't appear/reappear.

The last thing I would like to do is move the bar which has, on the player screen for example, "Profile", "Contract" etc. I believe @bluestillidie00has moved it to the top of the screen, but I am curious as to whether it could go at the bottom of the screen?

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/08/2022 at 10:04, EnigMattic1 said:

Is there anyone who could help me with the "client object browser" file? There are things I would like to try and do with the skin I am working on, some of which I know are possible, but I don't know how to go about it.

Some of what I want to do, I already have on another skin but the relevant code was done for me (having the header/titlebar stretch across the screen) so I don't know which code controls that. 

I would also like the side bar to hide if I am not hovering over it. That was also put into a different file for me, but it wouldn't appear/reappear.

The last thing I would like to do is move the bar which has, on the player screen for example, "Profile", "Contract" etc. I believe @bluestillidie00has moved it to the top of the screen, but I am curious as to whether it could go at the bottom of the screen?

Hello @EnigMattic1
Not sure if you have solved this, but moving the Menu is quite simple and i can drop the "Client object browser.xml" with a comment around the menu part if you want

changing the titlebar and side menu, has to be somewhere in either "header.xml" or "sidebar menu table.xml" - i havnt had the need so i havnt looked into it. 
and same goes for hiding the side menu, i have no clue about this one as i write this. But if you have files where it's in, then it should be easy to figure out

7 hours ago, snowofman said:

Hello @EnigMattic1
Not sure if you have solved this, but moving the Menu is quite simple and i can drop the "Client object browser.xml" with a comment around the menu part if you want

changing the titlebar and side menu, has to be somewhere in either "header.xml" or "sidebar menu table.xml" - i havnt had the need so i havnt looked into it. 
and same goes for hiding the side menu, i have no clue about this one as i write this. But if you have files where it's in, then it should be easy to figure out

If you could drop the xml, that would be a great help, thanks. 

13 minutes ago, snowofman said:

if you look  close to the end,
i have make a

<!-- this control the menu --->

code is here

<!-- end of or something -->

And if I copied that over, the tabs would be at the bottom of the screen or does something need changing?

14 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

And if I copied that over, the tabs would be at the bottom of the screen or does something need changing?

The code part i have in between the comments can be moved, i have already moved it from further up ( see  your own file for reference)
if you move it to the correct spot forther down from where i have placed it for show, i can't see a reason why the menu would not work at the bottom ( i have not tested it ) 

Edit: the code is the entire menu just below the searchbar. now just moved above

Edited by snowofman

47 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

I can't get the menu to move. I have no idea what I am doing. I even looked at the file from TCS Glass from FM19 and couldn't work out how to move the menu.

i've added the code file again, now with extra comments

picture 1 is where the code used to sit in the "Client object browser"
picture 2 is where i added it, for it to be at the top of the page

If you can move it to the bottom i have no clue as i havnt tried.
i hope this helps you :)

1.PNG

client object browser.xml

2.PNG

Edited by snowofman

2 hours ago, snowofman said:

i've added the code file again, now with extra comments

picture 1 is where the code used to sit in the "Client object browser"
picture 2 is where i added it, for it to be at the top of the page

If you can move it to the bottom i have no clue as i havnt tried.
i hope this helps you :)

1.PNG

client object browser.xml 16 kB · 0 downloads

2.PNG

I will attach my file as I have a larger file than the one that you are using. I think that is what is confusing me.

3 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

If you get the code working, can you share a screenshot of with the menu bar at the bottom please? I'm intrigued...

it is possible, i have a working code.. i'm just making it pretty and adjusting the last bit :)

EDIT: attached a picture, while making the code pretty

teaser.PNG

Edited by snowofman

4 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

If you get the code working, can you share a screenshot of with the menu bar at the bottom please? I'm intrigued...

4 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Thanks for your help. I will take a look now.

Sry got side tracked - son needed help in POE :D

anyway, here is the file where the Menu is at the bottom for anyone interested
Have fun

15 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Didn't work for me. I guess it is because my file is different to yours. It just squashed the searchbar/header

I always try and use the default files when making stuff to others, makes it easier for others to look at the code and compare.
only if there is no other way to have something working, i make it direct into the file that the person have

Hope it makes sense :)

6 minutes ago, snowofman said:

yeah that might be,

I tried moving the code to where you had it in your file, but all it did was squash the header unfortunately. To be fair, my file has been tweaked to have the header go all the way across (which I now want to change back) and the Japanese fix. I also want to move the quick flicks from the header to the sidebar.

3 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

I tried moving the code to where you had it in your file, but all it did was squash the header unfortunately. To be fair, my file has been tweaked to have the header go all the way across (which I now want to change back) and the Japanese fix. I also want to move the quick flicks from the header to the sidebar.

as i havnt slept yet, my brain aint working 100%.
But i believe in my file line 177 was the search bar height, so try and give that abit more then 60 and it should work.

if you want to redo a file, my suggestion is to start from the default one and then add the stuff you want to keep. fastest and best way to go around it, imo

5 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

No worries. I may just swap my file for the one you posted and make the changes there. If I keep making changes to the file I currently have, I will just get totally confused.

true :) less confusion is a winner