New lap top and cant find the Sports Interactive folder

Hi

I have got a new lap top and I have transferred all of my Graphics packs etc to a new Sports Interactive folder on the new lap top.

I have downloaded Steam and FM22 and when I load the game it does not find my existing save or any of my graphics packs. This is despite me taking over 4 hours to copy the folder across :)

I am sure it is something simple that I have missed ...can anyone help with this please

5 minutes ago, fc.cadoni said:

Have you installed the game in C: drive or somewhere else? Strongly advice to install the game in C: drive and have Sports Interactive (Documents) folder in C: drive as well. 

Sorry I am not that good with this type of thing

I use Steam so I just followed the instructions on there and downlaoded the game. I assume this is on my C Drive yes.....The SI Folder is def on my laptop

Once you have installed steam open the game and at the load game screen, select "load game" and  browse to wherever you have stored the save game from the old computer.  Select from there and it will load.  You may need to clear the skin cache to apply the downloaded graphics as long as they are stored in the same folders that they were in on the old machine.

7 minutes ago, FrazT said:

Once you have installed steam open the game and at the load game screen, select "load game" and  browse to wherever you have stored the save game from the old computer.  Select from there and it will load.  You may need to clear the skin cache to apply the downloaded graphics as long as they are stored in the same folders that they were in on the old machine.

I think that was the problem . I copied them over to my desktop 

On the old pc they were on documents folder. So I have copied the save game across into the documents folder and it has found it . So that’s a start\

However now trying to move the other files across . It starts the process , it has an estimated time of 8 hours ……but it stops doing it after about 30 mins 

I have decided to start again from scratch and download all of the packs again :onmehead:

Its a shame as this will be a long process but it could be quicker than transferring and it kept crashing anyway

2 hours ago, Womaz said:

I think that was the problem . I copied them over to my desktop 

On the old pc they were on documents folder. So I have copied the save game across into the documents folder and it has found it . So that’s a start\

However now trying to move the other files across . It starts the process , it has an estimated time of 8 hours ……but it stops doing it after about 30 mins 

That time doesn't sound right at all.  It may b quicker just to download and install the graphics packs from scratch again.

6 hours ago, FrazT said:

That time doesn't sound right at all.  It may b quicker just to download and install the graphics packs from scratch again.

Yes this is exactly what I decided to do . Every time I was trying to transfer the files over it was quitting before it was finished.

So I started from scratch and all appears to be working . My files are a bit of a mess with a lot of empty folders so I may delete them if I think it’s ok to do so . I assume this is because some of them were created when trying to transfer the original files 

In future when I update a face pack or logos etc do I tick yes to all when it asks me what to do with a replica file ?

Thanks for your input it’s much appreciated 

9 minutes ago, FrazT said:

If a new download is replacing a file, then there is no reason not to replace all files that it asks to overwrite

Sorry I meant when i already have the file.

For eg . I now have the updated face pack, the full download. In a few weeks an uo

pdate will be  available. When i download it i will be asked whether I want to overwrite the fike ....I always ansere yes to all. I have just assumed this was correct. 

I do the same with the logos and the Stadium packs too

Sorry for all of the questions , but trying to learn :)

if I have a n FC12 kit pack and a standard kit pack for the same league or team, which one will the game use? 

On 04/08/2022 at 12:47, Womaz said:

Sorry for all of the questions , but trying to learn :)

if I have a n FC12 kit pack and a standard kit pack for the same league or team, which one will the game use? 

Whichever folder comes first alphabetically

So in my case as they are numbered it will be in that order?

To get theem to go to the FC12 Kits all I would have to do is remove the numbers from the files?

Screenshot (3).png