The Apex World Takeover Challenge

The details of the database.
A set of 10 closely affiliated and linked teams setup by a fictional billionaire with a plan to take over world football.
Unlike the citygroup and redbull teams, this group stands to preserve national and local colours whilst boosting money into all the local areas.
Each team shares the same board, owner and players move on loan regularly between teams.
Every team is sponsored by one of many of Alexi Dios' companies (fictional).
Download here:
*I did not create this database* Credit to https://www.fmscout.com/users/trojanwarhorse.html
The Challenge:
Take over the world with the 9 playable teams in the Apex Group by winning the 24 competitions and cups outlined below. Starting with a manger with no coaching badges and Sunday league experience. 
Post a screenshot of your manager page to show you have the correct badge setup. You can start with any of the 9 teams. I have started with Apex Bandung as it was in the league with the lowest reputation. 

Win the 9 Top leagues:
Premier League (England) - Apex Liverpool -starts in L2

Bundesliga (Germany) - Apex Essen - starts in 3. Liga

Brasileiro Series A (Brasil) - Apex Brasilia - starts in Brasileiro Series B

Nihon-League 1 (Japan) - Apex Tokyo

MLS (USA) - Apex Miami

A-league (Australia) - Apex Canberra 

Egyptian Premier League - Apex Cairo 

Indian National Football League (India) - Apex Delhi

Indonesian League One (Indonesia) - Apex Bandung

5 Champions Leagues

Champions League (Europe)- Apex Liverpool/Apex Essen

Champions League (Asia) - Apex Bandung/Apex Canberra/Apex Tokyo

Copa Libertadores (South America) - Apex Braslilia

NACL (North American Champions League) - Apex Miami

ACL (Africa Champions League) - Apex Cairo

Club World cup

9 Top Domestic Cups:

Apex Liverpool - FA Cup

Apex Essen - DFB-Pokal

Apex Braslia - Brasil Cup

Apex Tokyo - Japanese Emperor's Cup

Apex Canberra - FFA cup

Apex Cairo - Egypt cup

Apex Delhi - Indian Durand Cup

Apex Bandung - Indonesian Cup

Open to any suggestions to make the challenge better or more interesting. 

Edited by Waldo the Bear

Apex Bandung Are a great start, very easy to push them to the absolute best team in indonesia, breaking into the top teams in asia will be tough, thank you so much for taking such a passionate interest into my database, this is exactly why i made it. (Darmali Salim will be your best bet to that fame if you can keep him from the top clubs around the world) Also if you can check out apex lagos, i know they're unplayable but i added some really good old nigerian talent. If you haven't already also check out the 'what's new' text file in the zip folder, it has all the prospects i made for each time

1 hour ago, trojanwarhorse said:

Apex Bandung Are a great start, very easy to push them to the absolute best team in indonesia, breaking into the top teams in asia will be tough, thank you so much for taking such a passionate interest into my database, this is exactly why i made it. (Darmali Salim will be your best bet to that fame if you can keep him from the top clubs around the world) Also if you can check out apex lagos, i know they're unplayable but i added some really good old nigerian talent. If you haven't already also check out the 'what's new' text file in the zip folder, it has all the prospects i made for each time

Yeah I started this challenge a couple of days ago but wanted to see if anyone was interested. Nearly through my first season.

Thanks for the work you put in. I like the fact that it is going to put me in leagues that I don't normally play, which means I have to learn all the weird registration rules etc. 

39 minutes ago, Waldo the Bear said:

Yeah I started this challenge a couple of days ago but wanted to see if anyone was interested. Nearly through my first season.

Thanks for the work you put in. I like the fact that it is going to put me in leagues that I don't normally play, which means I have to learn all the weird registration rules etc. 

I'm always open to suggestions too so if you want your name put in the database for example i'm absolutely more than happy to do that. But yeah, Starting in Indonesia is great too cause you can watch the Indonesian national team rise up through the ranks single handedly off the back of Apex Bandung. The MLS will definitely be the toughest to wrap your head round if you haven't already too many different rules for my liking, i'm trying to learn though.

5 hours ago, trojanwarhorse said:

I'm always open to suggestions too so if you want your name put in the database for example i'm absolutely more than happy to do that. But yeah, Starting in Indonesia is great too cause you can watch the Indonesian national team rise up through the ranks single handedly off the back of Apex Bandung. The MLS will definitely be the toughest to wrap your head round if you haven't already too many different rules for my liking, i'm trying to learn though.

Yeah haven't ventured into the MLS on FM yet but have been wanting to do a save for a few games now. So will be looking forward to that! Have heard the rules are a bit out there.

Apex Bandung Season 2021:

First season done! Champions of Indonesia. Lost in the Semis on away goals of the cup after the team was absolutely decimated by international duty, basically had my under 18's playing in the second leg. Into the Asian Champions league next season so will aim to win the cup and see how we go in the CL and then look at moving on to maybe Apex Delhi or Apex Brasilia who were relegated to brazilian national third division this season. 

image.thumb.png.e47dc933d491b2bb01f38332b44cab26.png

image.thumb.png.d282a8f8b9cbfa2bd6ead522efd84d09.png

image.thumb.png.59d45e6a4b0b28c50f9f758eb47e47c3.pngimage.thumb.png.646d7b73c979a8d4ad1d8b49df7f4624.png

Challenge Progress: 

Total: 1/24

Top Leagues: 1/9

Cups: 0/9

Cont Cups: 0/5

CWC: 0/1

Apex Bandung 2022:

What a season! Won the Triple! Won the league with 6 games to go (see above). Won the super cup and the Indonesian cup easily.Had a deep riun into the Asian Champions League losing to another Apex club in Apex Tokyo in the Semi Final on pens anfter 120min 0-0 draw

Had some great players join the club but found it hard at times to balance the 4 foreign player rule for the league. Apex Cairo are looking like they need a new manager so may aim for that as my next job! 

image.thumb.png.aea9143ed388d7ec63227aa34aac370f.png image.thumb.png.b659b2743f3d4ba5134f49a51fab421d.pngimage.thumb.png.981a636d0024d7d60965923fed987fde.pngimage.thumb.png.61d103111a01d5fca8dfb347c99cefed.png

Could choose between these two for MVP:

image.thumb.png.5762250be499351e91fe7be4dddb4fe0.png

image.thumb.png.04cb39527b4916950b00a750c3075533.png

Wonderkid update (Wants to leave but managing to keep him due to his release clause):

image.thumb.png.4771f20d360b2ac68205aa760f04237e.png

Challenge Progress: 

Total: 2/24

Top Leagues: 1/9 (Apex Bandung '21 and '22)

Cups: 1/9 (Apex Bandung '22)

Edited by Waldo the Bear
typo

• 2 weeks later...

Apex Bandung Season 2023:

We did the triple again with an invincible season in the league only drawing one game. Lost to Apex Tokyo in the 2nd round of the ACL. Some of the Apex Clubs have mangers that are insecure in their jobs, so I am going to walk away from Apex Bandung and see if i can pick up one of those jobs as they come up. 

image.thumb.png.fc487cf94a9d8fc38a9d357354340d49.png

image.thumb.png.9496cf24a063e6ea06d47a39582930af.png

Wonderkid Update: Salim is leaving to go to Porto

image.thumb.png.b380c863cce7649259450a28379ebec9.png

Great young Brazilian Striker: 

image.thumb.png.a66ab5e0821f36aad16c2a99677960d5.png

Hey, i'm trying to get this to work and when i originally used all the files india was messed up and had one more team than the max of the league so i fixed it and used the fix's editor data instead of the original group data and that keeps crashing. is there any way you can help me out to fix it or can i see if the files you have work for me? i wanna try the challenge but with all the issues i can't lol.

Just signed the Wonderkid that was meant to be on Apex Delhi but wasn't. On another note, i guess that Apex Delhi won a Durand before i even got here but i'm gonna go for at least one more cup + the league before hopefully being able to move onto another club. The registration rules here are kinda weird and i don't really want to deal with them longer than i need to lol. will update either after the first season or when something interesting happens.

Ayaan Signing.PNG

So i haven't started the season just yet but a lot of other Apex teams(Everyone but Canberra) are currently in their seasons and well, I have some good and bad news. Mostly bad news. here's how the other teams are doing as of writing.

Doing Well:
Apex Tokyo: 
1913028444_2021Tokyo.PNG.c353081d80cd3e8e8a7b3c417a8e3472.PNG

Not Doing Well:
Apex Miami:
They were also 26th out of 27 in the Supporters Shield.
1164151944_2021Miami.PNG.406acf4d6a99ff5d0371258f8d68d7a4.PNG

Apex Cairo: 
image.png.d8530d13cb85ffd1547467848e3b3e52.png

Apex Essen: 
image.png.827386ffba3b65575bdcba477a61cc48.png

Apex Liverpool:
image.png.5a3fc11a8243be3b943ad5bc6dbee295.png

Relegated:
Apex Bandung:
image.png.6de51265cda02f18f6bbf5ce0b6b4800.png

Apex Brasilia:
image.png.38b421037f0d6f25fb39f7031cc454c8.png

Very interesting stuff so far, i think this means my options may be wide open when i leave Delhi.

1 hour ago, Waldo the Bear said:

Awesome that someone else is taking this on! Good luck!

Thank you! same to you! so far so good in india, i think i have a very good **** at winning it all (league and cup) in the first season while my options may be wide open with basically every team except for tokyo and miami being quite bad it seems. only issue is the blurry logos. loving the challenge so far.

1 hour ago, M0xl3y said:

Thank you! same to you! so far so good in india, i think i have a very good **** at winning it all (league and cup) in the first season while my options may be wide open with basically every team except for tokyo and miami being quite bad it seems. only issue is the blurry logos. loving the challenge so far.

Yeah not sure about the blurry badges, mine have been fine maybe @trojanwarhorse might have an answer for you.

Update: so i accidentally saved over the main version of the save so i had to go to a secondary roller save (just one day back, don't think it affected much) but in good news i've solved the blurry logo issue in what i'm gonna call a fluke lol.

as for the save itself i haven't been focusing on it as i've been messing around with lots of custom fictional nation mods but might play some of the save after posting this message. I think we're either in the #3 spot and guaranteed to be in the championship group soon or we are in the championship group. either way things are going well. also india's seemingly gained a 3-4 (game can't seem to decide because in one place it says 3 and another it has 4) AFC Champions league spots in various points of the tournament so we'll see what happens there. also gonna probably have to spend the 2nd season in Apex Delhi so we can pick up my first Durand Cup (Apex Delhi's second overall) and the league if i don't win it this time around. 

2024/25 Season Apex Canberra:

First full season in the A-League. Won it! Won the FFA cup and am through to the knockout rounds of the ACL. Weird bug where the Finals series didn't happen. Don't have full set of screenshots because I let it run to see if the finals would happen. 

image.png.62204ec8d74eaaf4eb0325b5d1d8b02d.pngimage.thumb.png.fcf7eb16c1c1adbc3523f84f9542e3b0.png

Challenge Progress: 

Total: 4/24

Top Leagues: 2/9 (Apex Bandung '21, '22 and '23, Apex Canberra '24/25)

Cups: 2/9 (Apex Bandung '22, '23, Apex Canberra '24)

First Champions League WON!

image.thumb.png.0c824b992beacd93225734e8b28ab69b.png

The A-League Seems to be bugging out so I am going to quit Apex Canberra and move on! 

Challenge Progress: 

Total: 5/24

Top Leagues: 2/9 (Apex Bandung '21, '22 and '23, Apex Canberra '24/25)

Cups: 2/9 (Apex Bandung '22, '23, Apex Canberra '24)

Cont Cups: 1/5 (Apex Canberra '25)

• 2 weeks later...