5212 Enganche backing?

I want to play 5212 where main role is Enganche. Could you advise me about duties which I marked as (?) please? 

PF(a) DLF(a)

EG(s)

MEZ(?) BBM(s)

WB(?) WB(?)

WCB(s) - CB(d) - CB(d)

Feel free to write about other roles/duties too, I feel that MEZ needs as wide player to advanced option for Enganche. But confused about duties and interaction of WB(s/a) and MEZ(s/a) in this context

Many thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

i am not sure whether 5212 is suitable for EG. In my opinion, 4312 can be a better option. I think Enganche needs player to run past him, so in 5212, those 2 in the middle need to run past EG, can make defense very vulnerable. 

4312 allows for 1 defensive player in the middle , and two side midfielders can run past EG

On 05/08/2022 at 20:22, Novem9 said:

I want to play 5212 where main role is Enganche. Could you advise me about duties which I marked as (?) please? 

PF(a) DLF(a)

EG(s)

MEZ(?) BBM(s)

WB(?) WB(?)

WCB(s) - CB(d) - CB(d)

Feel free to write about other roles/duties too, I feel that MEZ needs as wide player to advanced option for Enganche. But confused about duties and interaction of WB(s/a) and MEZ(s/a) in this context

Many thanks in advance!

I don't think you want a DLF in front him, it's a role that looks to drop into and operate from the hole, which is the Enganche's job

I really wouldn't use a central midfield partnership of a Mezzela and BBM either to be honest 

1 час назад, Johnny Ace сказал:

I don't think you want a DLF in front him, it's a role that looks to drop into and operate from the hole, which is the Enganche's job

I really wouldn't use a central midfield partnership of a Mezzela and BBM either to be honest 

Yeah looks like 4231 is best option for EG, because he needs players around to be effective

If you want to role with a 5-2-1-2 you're going to want some attacking wingbacks providing width, a more forward thinking attack duo, and a runner/holder combo in the midfield;

AF(A) - CF(S)

EG(A)

CM(D) -     CM(A)

WB(A)                                               WB(A)

WCB(D), CD(CO), WCD(D)

I'd probably start with something like this and see how it develops. The link between your back 3 and the rest of the team is key.

16 hours ago, Novem9 said:

Yeah looks like 4231 is best option for EG, because he needs players around to be effective

I think it could work, an AF(A) and CF(A) in front of him and two wingbacks should give him options to make plays

The 2 CM's and their roles are pretty important though, I'd start with with 2 CM(S) or a DM(D)/ CM(S) combo. I wouldn't want any role here that gets further forward or has too much freedom   

В 16.08.2022 в 10:57, Johnny Ace сказал:

I think it could work, an AF(A) and CF(A) in front of him and two wingbacks should give him options to make plays

The 2 CM's and their roles are pretty important though, I'd start with with 2 CM(S) or a DM(D)/ CM(S) combo. I wouldn't want any role here that gets further forward or has too much freedom   

I use 2 DM, classic stopper DM(d) and Vol(s) as deep supporter:thup: