Becoming the Best - FM12

ashton321

3XKYVx2.jpg?1

The aim here is to become the best manager in the World Ever. I want to be better than Fergie, although he maybe replaced soon enough. @AK22 did an amazing save years ago doing this same thing and I have taken inspiration from him and hope to replicate even half of his success. I have decided to load all the top five leagues. I will start with no experience or badges and build my way up from there.  (We have had a slight change as we have gone now to FM12 as my laptop cannot deal with FM22 and a number of leagues.)

Edited by ashton321

image.png.8e0a4212f70bbadd0833617f8a6ce76e.png

Take Over

So this time it was off to Germany and to Regensburg who were struggling in Liga 3. 

V0UfHfh.jpg?1

They presently find themselves in 15th in the league. Upon further consideration it seems that the main issue is going forward as we only scored 5 goals in 11 games. This is the first thing that needs to change. All in all we have a very good squad and one that does not need to be this far down. 

Edited by ashton321

• ashton321 changed the title to Becoming the Best - FM12

October - German Third Division - Regensburg

rSWmSvE.jpg?1

ss8rAml.jpg?1

Three wins to start off the new era here at Regensburg, not only wins but also plenty of goals as well. We finished off the month with a couple of draws. The most impressive thing was the amount of goals that we have scored. I would say we may need to improve the defence a little bit as we are conceding a lot. 

November / December 11/12 - German Third Division - Regensburg

KVOCx95.jpg?1

TJJgFRy.jpg?1

We remained unbeaten throughout this period. We got a great win over Erfut who are a decent side. The worst result was Chemnitz, we really should have beaten them but a late own goal was enough to get them a draw. We are looking decent know, I think we have an outside shot of going up

January/ February 2011/12- German Third Division - Regensburg

nycyuQ8.jpg?1

10DBAVg.jpg?1

I am unsure what happened. We went into the Winter Break looking decent, we remained unbeaten in the friendlies. We then started the league again and could not buy a win. Aside from the last game of the period we did not even look like winning a game. This as stuck us in the middle of the pack, which is what the board want, that being said if things dont turn round we will drop into a bit of danger.

March/ April 2011/12- German Third Division - Regensburg

0jrbcP3.jpg?1

e9vjVcr.jpg?1

A much better start to this period. We faced two of the worst teams in the league and recorded a couple of good wins to get us back on track. A win and a loss followed. At this point, I think this put us out of any possible outside chance of promotion. We won our next two games, before loosing to a team challenging for the top. Two more wins and a loss ended the period means we will finish at least 10th this year

End of Season 2011/12- German Third Division - Regensburg

GOaLJCY.jpg?1

msijdv8.jpg?1

We finished the season with a draw. We scored late on in a game we should have really won. It was only good enough to move up one spot but we did relegate Darmstadt in the process which is fun. The board wanted us to finish mid table I would say we did that. I think we could have pushed on a little more throughout the season had we maintained form that at times looked good but in the end it was a good season. 

David Urban - our first signing was made as well. He is a decent defender who will no doubt get some game time next year. 

Stars of the Season

Tobias Schweinsteiger - easily the best player, was immense all year round. I am going have to try and tie him down to a deal as he is presently leaving on a free. 

Thomas Kurz - played everywhere for me, he is the real utility man of the squad. Never let me down

Stefan Binder - solid for me, getting on a little bit but never really put a foot wrong all year

0D4pt1r.jpg?1

No change in the top 10. 

Next Year

I will be here for at least another year. I am going to have to get some deals tied up as a lot of the squad will be leaving on a free. I will also be looking to add to the squad with some frees as we have no cash. I think next year we can look to challenge for promotion. 

tqo1JZv.jpg?1

Pre Season 2012/13- German Third Division - Regensburg

soyblCb.jpg?1

We had a fairly quiet time in the friendlies. I didnt want to do too much as I was too busy trying to add to my squad. One win was not to bad especially as we played a couple of decent sides along the way. 

PKRzeSx.jpg?1

A few players left the club but none for money. Lucky enough it was also none of my first team players and just youngsters who were not going to make the grade and older players who I had no room for. 

Adil Lacheb - the star of the signings. Great centre back played the last couple of years in the Second Division, albeit in a relegated effort last year. 

Tom Daemen - been an ever present for last five years in the Dutch Second Division, 7 assists in 21 games last year is not bad for a player like him

Guiseppe Morello - a decent striker. I need bodies up top. Comes in from Swiss Challenge League, 8 in 20 last year is ok

Alan Stulin - an option down the left. Comes in from Kaiserslauten, hasnt played for the first team but does have a lot of 2nd team experience. 

All in all I think we are much better team than we were last year. I think with a bit of luck we could potentially look to move into the top 6 or so of the league. 

August 2012/13- German Third Division - Regensburg

FixTable

We started off with a defeat against a side who I thought would do well this year. They have not started great. Newly promoted RB Leipzig got smashed. We finished the month off with three wins and a loss. I think its a very decent start and puts us in the mix at the right end of the table.

September/October 2012/13- German Third Division - Regensburg

FixTable

We went into this period starting off with two brilliant wins but more importantly two clean sheets to boot. Another clean sheet followed  against recently relegted Aue. We then faced Union Berlin and in a game which we were really poor we let 5 in and lost. Two wins a draw and a loss ended this period we should have won the last game but conceded a 92 minute equaliser. All in all I am pleased we are well in the mix for the promotion push

Edited by ashton321

November/December 2012/13- German Third Division - Regensburg

Fix

Table

Two 2-0 wins to start the period off but us right in the mix at the upper part of the table. We then drew a game 0-0 but if I am totally honest we should have lost it really. Three wins to finish the calendar year put us top of the table. 15 months in charge and we have changed the team. We are not superb going forward and do not concede many at all so all in all a great period. 

January / February 2012/13- German Third Division - Regensburg

FixTable

An amazing period where we had some really fun friendlies and got some decent results. We won every single game in the league. This puts us clear at the top of the table and in pole position in the league for the title. 

Take Over

We had a takeover but no cash was given to us so we could not spend any money on any players or bring in any new guys.

March/April 2012/13- German Third Division - Regensburg

Fix

Table

A tremendous time where we only dropped five points. 10 games and only 6 conceded is superb for us. This has also delivered the title for us. We have won the title so I am now on the chase in the hall of fame behind Fergie. 

End of Season 2012/13- German Third Division - Regensburg

FixTable

We finished off the league campaign with two wins to keep up our great form. We have been superb this leading the league both in going forward and in defence. I think this is a really talented little squad I have landed on. 

Stars of the Season

Adil Lachheb - joined at the start of the year and made all the difference for us. He is an absolute rock, nice to see him get International recognition to. 

Tobias Schwienstieger - another great season for the man up top he is far too good for this level. 

Jurgen Schmid - played above himself this year. Always there to bang a goal maybe his best season he will ever have

HOF

No change here although Manchester United finished 5th so Fergie maybe getting the chop, he is presently insecure

Next Year

I am thinking my time here is done. The board will not allow any more cash and a good 6 players from the first team are out of contract and I am already 2k over the budget even with the new seasons budgets so it maybe time to go. Unless something changes. 

Review

image.png.4b045ffd6fb3874fc95d0ba415f0a048.png

Take Over 2013/14- German Second Division - Augsburg

Offer

I left Regensburg at the end of my contract as I was certain I would get a new job over the summer. It did not happen. I had a few bits of interest but nothing actually came through. Eventually I got offered a job at Augsburg

PastTable

Until recently Augsburg have been in the Bundesliga, they were relegated and found themselves here. Last season they did not do as well as maybe they should have done. This year they have been awful and find themselves at the start of a potential relegation dog fight. We have a lot of wages available to us just under 4 times what I had at Regensburg. I think this is a very good move for me and one that I think will be to move my reputation to the upper echelons 

October/November 2013/14- German Second Division - Augsburg

Fix

Table

So we lost our first game in charge of the club in a close 2-1 defeat. Then we turned it on with 4 wins out of five. In the game we drew we were really not the better side and should probably should have lost. This is a very good team that should not be in this division we do need a little more depth though I would say. 

Matias Aguirregaray - joins on a free after leaving Serie A Palermo where he played 11 games last year. Some good depth at the back

Divock Origi - bags of potential before his Liverpool days joins from Lille scored 2 on his debut. 

I am hoping to add some more faces to the squad as we are a little weak, I will also be letting a few guys leave in the January transfer window hopefully for some cash. I like this club I think we can do something here.  

December / January 2013/14- German Second Division - Augsburg

Fix

Table

We won the first game of the period as we got a superb win. We drew the next game and we were a little lucky as we were 2-0 down until late. I like how resilient we are. A very solid win over a team really struggling at the bottom end of the league was also great. I think we are still in the mix for a potential promotion if we are lucky. We had some fun in the friendlies with decent results. 

Trans

A couple of players left the club, one was not getting much game time and I got a good offer. The other was 4th choice keeper and was of no real use to me. 

Jose Garcia - an option in the middle of the park who I think will just get better. 

Radomir Zurek - a decent young keeper, comes in on a free and should improve. 

Adam Matuszczyk - another free and a bit more experience. He is a very good option for us in the middle.

February / March 2013/14- German Second Division - Augsburg

Fix

Table

A very interesting time as we managed to win two games straight off the bat. We then played Osnabruck and we were outclassed we are better than this so I was a little unsure as to why we struggled so much. We won our next game before loosing to an underperforming Freiburg. We only dropped two points in the next four games. This put us in the play off spot and in with a chance of going up. 

Eddie Bosnar - a very good defender who comes in on a free. He will be right in the mix from the outset. 

Hisao Kanazawa - another free and a striker who will play from the outset. 

End of Season 2013/14- German Second Division - Augsburg

FixTable

We seemed to panic a little bit as we struggled to get a couple of wins as we struggled against good sides. We then beat 1860 Munich who were very close to us to push into the playoff spot. We stayed there for the rest of the season and got into the playoff game. We would face Duisburg. It was a close couple of games but we just sealed promotion with a 1-0 victory. 

Stars of the Season

Torsten Mattuschka - played in the middle of the park all year. Very creative and a real danger

Tobias Werner - scores a lot for us, he struggled with injuries but when he was playing he was superb. 

Rick ten Voorde - he scores and scores and scores. He is a really belter of a player

HOF

Fergie was sacked at the end of last year after Manchester United struggled. So no more points have been added at the top of the table. A couple of managers are winning so maybe looking at the upper end of the table. 

Next Year

I am looking to add some players in the summer as we have a decent squad but it defiantly needs some additions. We have hopefully some cash coming in son with the TV money so I am hoping I have a little bit of money. 

Review

Pre Season 2014/15- German First Division - Augsburg

Fix

We had a very good Pre Season. We kept clean sheets throughout the period and scored a few goals as well. It was a decent start.

Trans

The right back I bought last year was moaning about missing home I had given him two periods at home but he was still moaning so he has left on loan with a potential future fee. A couple of players left on frees who I didnt think were strong enough for us. We managed to get some cash for players who would not play for me next year as well. 

Julius Umoh - the only player we payed any cash for and a very good option at either side of the defence. 

Hanno Balitsch - left Nurenburg last year and has more than 100 games experience in the Bundesliga. 

Remo Cianfrone - joins on a free from Livorno has played a few games in Serie B. Good player

Franco Zuculini - joins on a free from Hoffenheim he has experience playing in a number of leagues and is a good option. 

Beg Ferati - is a decent defender who joined from Freiburg on a free. 

Elias Kachunga - a superb name. Played a few First Division games for Gladbach will get his chance here. 

Kriszitan Nemeth - joins from RKC on a free played a lot in the top league in Holland. 

A superb window for us where I think we have become a lot stronger. I am really happy with what we have done and think we will have a decent run in this league. 

August / September 2014/15- German First Division - Augsburg

FixTrans

We started off against a very good side in HSV. They really did not stand much of a chance but we battered them and got the win. We then entered the Cup and played a few of the reserves and smashed them. Two more wins followed to put us right at the top of the table. We then lost to Furth as they scored their first three goals of the year against us. A drew and a loss followed as we buckled a little bit. We then battered Frankfurt to add the period. 

Danny da Costa - left Manchester United and joined us on a free, a really solid signing. 

Mamadou Kouakou - came in from ASEC for a £75,000 which I think is a bit of a bargain. 

Offer

Job offer in from Sunderland they are presently 18th in the league although they finished 10th last year. They have a budget that is £8million more than us and a wage budget of just under 6 times what ours is. In fact what they have spare is pretty much our whole budget. 

October / November 2014/15- German First Division - Augsburg

Fix

Table

Wolfsburg at the time we played them were second in the league and a very good side so to beat them was amazing. We went down to 9 men against Bayern and despite that we played well but just did not have enough. A win in the league followed by a win against my old team was superb. We lost the next match before drawing the next three. Gutted to not end with a win but we did well. 

December / January 2014/15- German First Division - Augsburg

FixTable

So I decided to stay with Augsburg. I still felt I had a little bit to do here and something about the Sunderland job was just not screaming out to me. Just after that happened I regretted my decision as we got slapped by Dortmund. We followed this up with two more losses in the league and a further loss in the cup. We then went into the friendlies we were not superb but we did keep clean sheets which was what we needed. We then lost on return to league action against HSV. At this point I would say we are firmly in a relegation battle. 

Trans

Deividas Semberas - in from CSKA Moscow for 150k. He is older but he will add some experience for us

February / March 2014/15- German First Division - Augsburg

Fix

Table

A loss to Stuttgart was disappointing as we played so well. We then beat two teams struggling at the wrong end of the table to ease our relegation worries a little bit. We then had two more losses where we let a lot of goals in which was really not great. We smashed Frankfurt who were awful. We then lost twice against two teams at the top of the table. All in all not a bad period and I do think we maybe just about safe now. 

Naoki Fuji - a very good defender who is going to be superb in the future. 

Yu Uchino - another free Japanese player who will be excellent in the future. 

End of the Season - 2014/15- German First Division - Augsburg

Fix

Table

We lost our first game to Mainz we should have beaten them as we are a much better side. We then won our next three games conceding only one game which was fantastic. We lost to Leverkusen who are a good side. We finished off with three wins including a great win over Dortmund to finish 8th in the league which I think this is a superb finish for us. 

Stars of the Season

Sebastian Langkamp - been here a while and was excellent again for me this year

Krisztian Nemeth - a fantastic striker who joined this summer has been excellent since. 

Rick ten Voorde - amazing again, will not sign a new deal so is leaving in the summer. He will be a huge miss for us

HOF

Again no major changes at the upper end of the Hall of Fame maybe a couple of years before there is. 

Next Season

I have signed a couple of players for the summer who I think can really help us so I am excited about them coming in. I dont think I will leave here unless a really good offer comes in. That being said if the budgets are awful after just getting 19 million in TV money. 

Review

Pre Season- 2015/16- German First Division - Augsburg

Fix

We had a very poor pre season. I didnt control any of the games but I would have expected us to do better than we did. The Ajax game was good but other than that there was not much happening. I was a popular man in the summer, I turned down jobs at Aston Villa, Lazio and Dortmund. The latter job was one I was really thinking about but for some reason I could not push the button to leave. 

Trans

A few of the old guard left the club. Mainly as they were getting on and on a fair bit of cash so it was time for them to go. I sold one of my youngsters for a decent amount of cash, he is not good enough for us so money is great. 

Monty Gimpel - solid centre back in on a free from Leeds will be a good player here for us. 

Sandro Wagner - joins from Weder Breman he has played more than 50 games at this level and I think can do well for us

Jorge Caetano - my best signing joins from Porto on a free, played 11 games for them last year

I think we are set well for this year. I know I need some more numbers as we are a little light but I am hoping I can do a little more shopping soon enough. 

August/September - 2015/16- German First Division - Augsburg

FixTable

We started off in the cup and got a massive win over a team in the league below us. Bayern are by far the best team in this league and they showed that by smashing us. Two wins and two draws followed as we played 4 of the best teams in the league in what was a really tough start. We then lost to Stuttgart and Karlsrhue we should not have been loosing to the latter for sure. I am hoping we improve but it has been a really tough start. 

Anton Grytsenko - joins on a free, after leaving Dynamo Kiev I think he has potential to be a good player. 

Aleksandar Kolarov - left Man City in the summer, and becomes the best player at the club.

October/November- 2015/16- German First Division - Augsburg

Table

Fix

It was a bit better this time round. We got a draw against Werder who are very good. A loss and a win followed. this put us in a little bit of trouble near the bottom end of the table. We got through to the next round of the cup. Two draws a win and a loss ended our period. This put us at the bottom end of mid table, I think we need to pick up a little bit. I turned down another job this time Leverkusen it just did not feel right to go to them

December / January - 2015/16- German First Division - Augsburg

Fix

Table

I was hoping to bring one or more players in during the window but I just could not find anyone who would join. So it was with what we had. We had a very tough game against Kaiserslauten we should have won but we just lost out. Two wins followed before we won again in the Cup to go into the later stages. We then played a few friendlies which we played some rotated teams. We then got one of the best results ever beating Bayern we finished off with a decent draw. 

February / March - 2015/16- German First Division - Augsburg

Fix

Table

Two wins to start including one against the team I have just rejected was a very good start. We then lost a couple before winning the next two. We just cannot seem to put together a decent run of wins as we seem to throw the odd game away. Werder are a superb team and we got spanked by them. I was gutted to loose in the cup semi final especially on pens. We are looking like another mid table set up.

Seo Jung-Hwan - a decent player who joins. I think he has a good chance to be a good player here. 

End of Season - 2015/16- German First Division - Augsburg

FixTable

We had an amazing end to the season. We did what I had been after all year and that was a decent winning run. We won five games on the bounce without conceding a goal and scoring a good amount of goals along the way. For some reason we then went down a little bit and struggled in our last couple of games which was gutting. All in all we did well and got a European Spot which is fantastic for us. 

Stars of the Season

Krisztan Nemeth - another excellent season for one of my better players. 

Elias Kachunga - really stepped up this year as a first team player and hit the ground running

Anton Grytsenko - gave him a chance in an injury crisis and he really took his chance

HOF

Nothing changes at the top really but Jose Mourinho is sneaking up a little bit. 

Next Season

I think I will be here for another year I think. I really fancy a go in Europe and I think this club is good and could maybe improve a little more league wise. I dont think we will be challenging for the top spot any time soon but maybe a cup run potentially. I think Europe we may struggle with some of the bigger teams in Europe. As usual if a massive offer comes in I would consider it but I wont just jump to another club I am liking it here. 

Review

image.png.dd963ae8670d493b009875cbe3d763ef.png

Take Over - 2016/17- South African Premier Division - Mamelodi Sundowns

Offer

So I made a mistake this off season. I had kept my contract at Augsburg running down and I kept rejecting deals as I did think that another offer would have came as there was loads of manager movement. It did not happen and I ended up without a job. I had loved my time at Augsburg had I been more sensible I would have signed again but it was not to be. I decided to add a couple of leagues as I thought I may as well try to win some big trophies in other parts of the world. This was the first job to come up. 

Table

Sundowns have really struggled this year and sacked their manager early on. It is clear that they demand a lot and I do not mind the challenge. They have given me a decent budget so I think I can do something here. They are one of the best teams in South Africa as they have won a couple of titles very recently. I think I will do well here. 

Finishes

November / December - 2016/17- South African Premier Division - Mamelodi Sundowns

Fix

Table

One thing I think I underestimated when I took this job was the amount of work that the squad needed. We are going to have to build this up a little bit. We won our first three games without conceding a scoring a daft amount of goals. Two of those games were in the KO Cup and was enough to put us into the final. We somehow lost the next game despite beating them 7-0 before. We won our next two in the league and then amazingly won in the cup to give me my first Cup win. We lost our next two games and I think we played badly in them 

Claudio Benitez - joined us on a free I think he will do a good job here for us. 

January / February - 2016/17- South African Premier Division - Mamelodi Sundowns

FixTable

A bit of quiet period for us in Africa as the Nations Cup was on. We only lost the one game in which we did not play very well at all really. The other games we were good in and have slowly started to climb the table to a more reasonable spot. One player who has been superb this time round is Claudio Benitez who at one point was 7 goals in 2 games. 

Trans

A couple of players left the club none of which I was too bothered about apart from Khumalo who I wanted to keep hold of but he was getting upset and I decided to cash in for a decent amount of cash. 

March / April - 2016/17- South African Premier Division - Mamelodi Sundowns

Fix

Table

Two wins to start off against teams right at the top end of the table was great. I have no idea what happened in the cup I think we got FM'd a little bit as we through everything forward but just could not seem to break them down. We won three of our next five games and lost the other two. I was hopeful that we may get into the top four or so this year but I think that is now gone. All in all its not a bad performance given where we were when I took over. 

End of Season  - 2016/17- South African Premier Division - Mamelodi Sundowns

Fix

Table

We had three games to finish the season off. The first of those against a very good side and we got smashed and did not really turn up. We won our last two games of the season to finish in a fairly safe 7th spot. 

Stars of the Season

Musa Nyatama - a decent player who operated in the middle of the park and was always very solid for me. 

Claudio Benitez - scored a crazy amount of goals for us and has been the best player we have had. I think he is playing above himself. 

HOF

Jose Mourinho is climbing the ranks a lot. He was just won the Cup and League double in Spain and lost out on the Champions League on pens. 

Next Season

I will be here for another season, I would like to think we should be a lot closer to the top end of the table and would be disappointed if we did not challenge for the league. I think we are going to need to add a couple of players in the off season as depth wise we are struggling a little bit. 

Review

Pre Season  - 2017/18- South African Premier Division - Mamelodi Sundowns

Fix

11 goals and only 1 conceded in the Pre Season period was great. 

Trans

We were fairly busy in the market and add four new players into the squad all of which will be in and around the first team squad all year. Laffor was a bit part player and left. The two who left on the cheap were not really of the standard required to be a first team player so getting some cash for them was good. Sithole (great name) was maybe a little unlucky to leave but he does take up one of our foreign player slots and was not a guaranteed starter so he had to go. 

Katlego Mphela - left Cesana in the summer and joined us. He is a very good player and will score a lot of goals for us

Ayanda Ndluvo - I think he is a very good player and is an upgrade on what we have. Cost a bit but I think its a good deal.

Robert Ng'ambi - a good player who can play anywhere in midfield.

Tsepho Mokoena - a lot of money but a player who will only get better and in a spot of need for us

August / September  - 2017/18- South African Premier Division - Mamelodi Sundowns

FixTable

We had a busy time. We were in the Super 8 competition first up. We got a superb win in the quarter final and then two great wins in the semi finals to put us into the final. I think we really stand a chance of getting another cup here. We won our first three games in the league to put us right at the top of the league. We then struggled a little bit we went two nil up against Kaizer Chiefs but got pulled back. We did not really show up in the next game. In the last game of the month we battered a very poor team. 

October / November - 2017/18- South African Premier Division - Mamelodi Sundowns

FixTable

A fantastic start to the season has been carried on. We drew our opening game against a side who are not too bad. We then won our next game against FS Stars who are poor, but it gave us the opportunity to get another cup win for us. We won our next game in the KO Cup as well just. 4 points in the next two was good but the draw was a shame as we took the lead a couple of times. We went out in the KO Cup and I think it was my fault as I rested a few players. We won our last two games and this has put us right in the mix for the title.

December / January - 2017/18- South African Premier Division - Mamelodi Sundowns

FixTable

We have had the most amazing time ever. We actually only lost one game and it was one we should have won. We played much better than in other games that we had won but lost. We only conceded five goals as well which is incredible. We are top of the league by a clear seven points now so we are well within a chance of a title. 

Ifeanyi Onigbo - joined on a free. Not a purchase that I wanted to make but the main man Claudio Benitez was sold for 2million by the board. They decided that the offer was too good to refuse and he was gone

February / March / April- 2017/18- South African Premier Division - Mamelodi Sundowns

Fix

Table

This is getting to be much tighter than I would have hoped for. We have dropped points that we should not have really. We went three games without a win we should have won at least two of these. We dropped points against the Pirates who are our biggest rivals a win over them would have put us back in our commanding position. We are still in pole position for the title. In the cup we got two superb wins to put us into the later stages. 

End of Season - 2017/18- South African Premier Division - Mamelodi Sundowns

FixTable

What an amazing end to the season for us. Although we did fall over the line a little bit. Firstly in the cup we got through to the final. In the final a lot of my first team had left the club as they did not agree to new deals. We did win the League and this put us right in the middle of the South Africa hall of fame. 

Stars of the Season

My stars have left me as they would not sign new deals. 

HOF

Don Carlo has pushed up in the ranking as he won La Liga. Jose is also still there. 

Next Season

I have decided to leave, the reason is that 6 of my first team have left on frees as they would not sign new deals. I have tried to replace them but the players coming in are not good enough and given the fact I can only use 5 foreign players I do not have much choice. I have resigned and I will be waiting for my next job. 

Review