Suggest: Unhide some of the hidden attributes

2feet

This requires a careful bit of design, but I bought the editor this year and it has increased my enjoyment of the game because I can see a bit more of my players hidden attributes like Consistency and Professionalism, etc

So I understand the players better now.

I think in real life, a manager would have at least a fair understanding of these values, for example how consistent a player Joe Bloggs in midfield is.

I think the game should allow at least some indication of these values, to help us understand why a player played rubbish in a game, and stop people drawing the wrong conclusions from a bad game that the player is useless or the tactic is wrong. Or why a player is training poorly.

I dont mean it should necessariliy tell us what their exact value. But they should give a range, eg. Professionalism is >10. Or consistency is <8. The longer a player has been at a club and the more games he has played, the more accurate the range of these figures should become.

A little bit like scouting, except drawn out over the course of a couple of years. Until after maybe 2 or 3 years, you know the player well enough that you now have a very narrow range of values for what their professionalism is eg. 14-17, 17-20, etc.

I really think this would help increase understanding of your players and enjoyment of the game.

eg. old Johnny Useless  played a crap game in midfield again for me, his consistency is really poor but Ill stick with him, maybe it will improve over time.

I dont like to use the editor to get the exact value of hidden attrivutes because it feels like cheating. At the same time, having zero idea of what their hidden attributes are feels too much the otherway, too difficult. (And using media style as an indication of controversy is a pain becaues of how the columns are structured)

This idea any good?

Edited by 2feet

6 hours ago, 2feet said:

This requires a careful bit of design, but I bought the editor this year and it has increased my enjoyment of the game because I can see a bit more of my players hidden attributes like Consistency and Professionalism, etc

So I understand the players better now.

I think in real life, a manager would have at least a fair understanding of these values, for example how consistent a player Joe Bloggs in midfield is.

I think the game should allow at least some indication of these values, to help us understand why a player played rubbish in a game, and stop people drawing the wrong conclusions from a bad game that the player is useless or the tactic is wrong. Or why a player is training poorly.

I dont mean it should necessariliy tell us what their exact value. But they should give a range, eg. Professionalism is >10. Or consistency is <8. The longer a player has been at a club and the more games he has played, the more accurate the range of these figures should become.

A little bit like scouting, except drawn out over the course of a couple of years. Until after maybe 2 or 3 years, you know the player well enough that you now have a very narrow range of values for what their professionalism is eg. 14-17, 17-20, etc.

I really think this would help increase understanding of your players and enjoyment of the game.

eg. old Johnny Useless  played a crap game in midfield again for me, his consistency is really poor but Ill stick with him, maybe it will improve over time.

I dont like to use the editor to get the exact value of hidden attrivutes because it feels like cheating. At the same time, having zero idea of what their hidden attributes are feels too much the otherway, too difficult. (And using media style as an indication of controversy is a pain becaues of how the columns are structured)

This idea any good?

If you look at the icons in the scout/coach report there's stuff for consistency, big matches etc

Maybe in terms of layout improve it then?

You can get a long list of stuff on scout/coach reports, always having to scroll down, all different things jumbled up together (some things important and other things trivial), and all that makes it difficult to keep a track of the important things over time as the hidden attributes progress.