[Suggestion] Having a "Conversation" before offering a player a contract

BrightLad5

A number of times you may have an offer accepted and then the player point blank refuses to talk to you. We can safely assume this is because your reputation compared to the players reputation is too small and to a degree it does make sense.

However, I cant image that many times in real life, a club would accept an offer and then the we, as the "buying" club, have zero dialoged with the player, apart from the equivalent of a 'Text Message' saying he has no interest in our club and we, as the buying club, don't reply to this...

I feel it would be a good feature to add a button BEFORE the offer contract screen where you can discuss the potential move to the player. This could also be used to incorporate the already implemented contract 'Promises' prior to the contract being negotiated.

An aspect of this Conversation could be to convince a player of your ambition/goals ect which would act 2-fold in installing Promises into the contract that we already do, but also for the manager to have a chance of increasing the likelihood that the player would actually want a contact. The conversation could also have an effect on desired wages and other things too. For example if the conversation goes well, the player might think "I like this manager and the club vision looks better than I thought!" so they might be inclined to accept a slightly lower payment package when it comes down to negotiating this in the near future. On the other hand it could have a negative affect, which might not mean they lose all interest, but they might think "I'm not convinced entirely on this guy but it still seems like a good move" which might cause them to request higher payment then they might previously have accepted! Alternatively, to an extreme you could have a down right TERRIBLE conversation and make a player that was previously interested, now run for the door and not want to see a contract offer from you.

All of these conversations effectiveness could be dictated by the managers Mental Attributes, much like these attributes have an effect when you talk to your current players at the moment.

Not only do I feel this is a good feature for those times that players would point blank refuse to talk to you in the past, but it could be a great OPTIONAL feature for every transfer that is accepted, BEFORE you talk money.

I'm no expert, but I can imagine that often times in real life the player will speak with the club (in some capacity) in a more informal setting after the transfer fee is agreed and before they sit down and talk contract. This Conversation feature would be that more informal setting.

Logistically how it could work in FM is:

Offer Accepted by Selling Club

Buying Club has Conversation with Player (& Agent) to discuss club vision and potential contract promises

Buying Club Offers Contract.

So directly after you have had this conversation (or declined it) you then have another inbox item to offer and negotiate the contract

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators

Thanks for taking the time to input your feedback. It is an idea that has come up before and has been passed on to the design team however it may yet be rejected or with further development make it into a future iteration of FM. :)