How do create space or scoring chances for a poacher?

A lot of top teams nowadays play with a deep lying forward to create space for attacking midfielders and wingers.

What is the opposite to this? How do you utilize a classic poacher / goal scorer in FM?

As an example; I want to use a 5-2-2-1 formation where my striker is my main goal scorer. 

I would imagine via a combination of your wing backs (assuming you're using WBs) on attack to occupy opposition full backs and stretch a defence horizontally.

Then have your 2 AMs running forward into the channels on each side where there should, in theory, be more space thanks to the opposition full backs being forced wider. The AMs should force the centre backs wider leaving more space in the middle for your poacher.

I reckon your 2 CMs would need to be advanced when in possession in the AM strata because someone will need to act as a pivot and play passes into your poacher and AMs through the middle.

EDIT: You could also have one of your CMs running into the channels from deep instead of one of your AMs (so, basically, a mezzala on attack). Bit less predictable that way 

Edited by Lumbertubs

Poacher (aka the Inzaghi role) is mostly used in a two man striker formation. That's because the poacher is not helping during buildup like a dlf or even a target man.

Now in a single striker formation that you want to use, you have to create with playmakers from behind (cm/am) and also add some runners to create movement and space that your poacher will exploit. One team i could think with one striker playing like a poacher (but his attributes were of a complete forward) was the Brazil of 2002 with Ronaldo9 up front.