TIGHT MARKING

Good day si forum family. I love fm to the core. My question is what is the difference between tight marking as player instruction and tight marking as opposition instructions?

I need all the help and explanations i can get. And is tight marking zonal marking?

Edited by umole2k

55 minutes ago, umole2k said:

And is tight marking zonal marking?

Yes, how it’s approached can be defined by the various instructions for the whole team, individual players and oppositions

55 minutes ago, umole2k said:

My questioners what is the difference between tight marking as player instruction and tight marking as opposition instructions?

Player Instruction = Every opposition player who enters the defensive zone of that player (who is instructed) will be marked tightly 

Opposition Instruction = That specific player will be marked tightly by whoever is responsible for marking that player at the time

Edited by CARRERA

7 hours ago, CARRERA said:

Yes, how it’s approached can be defined by the various instructions for the whole team, individual players and oppositions

Player Instruction = Every opposition player who enters the defensive zone of that player (who is instructed) will be marked tightly 

Opposition Instruction = That specific player will be marked tightly by whoever is responsible for marking that player at the time

Thanks for your info. I will implement it into my tactic. Just one more thing. What if i select tight marking as player instruction and tight marking as opposition instruction at the same time, what happens? For example i play 4-2-3-1 and i set tight marking as a player instructions for the two midfielders and set tight marking as opposition instructions on the two midfielders the opponents have?

25 minutes ago, umole2k said:

Just one more thing. What if i select tight marking as player instruction and tight marking as opposition instruction at the same time, what happens? For example i play 4-2-3-1 and i set tight marking as a player instructions for the two midfielders and set tight marking as opposition instructions on the two midfielders the opponents have?

Well, hard to say without knowing the exact player movements. Basicly both instructions do the same but from a different angle. It’s neither more or less effective, it’s just different

The question would be what you are trying to achieve.

If you are looking to mark specific players tightly, I would go for Opposition instructions. 

If you want players or even the whole team to mark tightly generally, then go for the PI/TI

3 hours ago, CARRERA said:

Well, hard to say without knowing the exact player movements. Basicly both instructions do the same but from a different angle. It’s neither more or less effective, it’s just different

The question would be what you are trying to achieve.

If you are looking to mark specific players tightly, I would go for Opposition instructions. 

If you want players or even the whole team to mark tightly generally, then go for the PI/TI

Thanks for this info and i am greatful for your suggestions. Until next time