Request : some transfer should be impossible

Akasha

Hi, 

In several forum or FM stories i read, i saw some incredible transfer.

Like Lacazette going to Hungaria's club Debrecen (hello @Grootinho) at the end of his carreer. In my mind, it's impossible even at the end of his carreer that a player like him goes to play in an hungarian club.

So, is there a possibility to make impossible a transfer like that combining (for example) player world reputation x league reputation.

It will be more realistic to do that.

I confirm, 

Actually in my save I have the habits to do some recruitment to improve my Debrecen cast. 

In 2022 i signed Paul-Georges Ntep free (30 yo)

In 2023 i signed Sidy Sarr (27 yo), Leroy Fer (32 yo), Mouez Hassen (28 yo)

In 2024 i signed Andre Gomes from Everton (30 yo), Mario Lemina (31 yo)

In 2025 i signed Alexandre Lacazette (34yo) and Joris Gnagnon (28yo)

Even if I improved Debrecen structures and the club perform with some group stage in C1 and C3 and good stage in C4 for me some of these transfers should be impossible for this team mainly Fer, Gomes, Lemina and Lacazette.

I don't really follow the reasoning here. There are players in the Hungarian league from France. There are players in the Hungarian league that have played in the big leagues earlier. There are some big players who have ended up in relatively small leagues and clubs in countries that they have no apparent connection to (Diego Lugano, Rafael van der Vaart and Marek Hamsik) where money isn't great. Nothing of that is unrealistic.

Why would Paul-Georges Ntep, 30 years old and without a contract, be out of reach for a club like Debrecen irl? According to Transfermarkt the club has seven players (the league at least 100) with an equal or higher market value as of today. As a researcher I can also access Ntep's current ability and it is not in any way too high for a league like that. It would make Ntep a first team player at Debrecen but not a star.

Lacazette is of course on another level than Ntep but he could be on an Hungarian-league-level in three years. In fact the best players in Ferencvaros are really close to Lacazette in current ability-terms right now.

It's not like football in Hungary or other mid-level European leagues is fully amateur or played on mud fields, so I really can't grasp what this feature request is about.

3 hours ago, Vänsterback said:

I don't really follow the reasoning here. There are players in the Hungarian league from France. There are players in the Hungarian league that have played in the big leagues earlier. There are some big players who have ended up in relatively small leagues and clubs in countries that they have no apparent connection to (Diego Lugano, Rafael van der Vaart and Marek Hamsik) where money isn't great. Nothing of that is unrealistic.

Why would Paul-Georges Ntep, 30 years old and without a contract, be out of reach for a club like Debrecen irl? According to Transfermarkt the club has seven players (the league at least 100) with an equal or higher market value as of today. As a researcher I can also access Ntep's current ability and it is not in any way too high for a league like that. It would make Ntep a first team player at Debrecen but not a star.

Lacazette is of course on another level than Ntep but he could be on an Hungarian-league-level in three years. In fact the best players in Ferencvaros are really close to Lacazette in current ability-terms right now.

It's not like football in Hungary or other mid-level European leagues is fully amateur or played on mud fields, so I really can't grasp what this feature request is about.

I think it just varies a lot from player to player, some (Honda is a prime example) will gladly go to lesser reputation teams/leagues for more playing time even if there's a significant language or culture barrier, others would rather stay as a fringe player for top teams (or starter for smaller teams) in top leagues.

3 hours ago, autohoratio said:

I think it just varies a lot from player to player, some (Honda is a prime example) will gladly go to lesser reputation teams/leagues for more playing time even if there's a significant language or culture barrier, others would rather stay as a fringe player for top teams (or starter for smaller teams) in top leagues.

Yeah I think we can agree that there are multiple factors that can make a player decide to play for a smaller club in a smaller league than he has done earlier in his career. So I wouldn't want a feature in the game making such transfers impossible.

On 17/08/2022 at 20:04, Akasha said:

Hi, 

In several forum or FM stories i read, i saw some incredible transfer.

Like Lacazette going to Hungaria's club Debrecen (hello @Grootinho) at the end of his carreer. In my mind, it's impossible even at the end of his carreer that a player like him goes to play in an hungarian club.

So, is there a possibility to make impossible a transfer like that combining (for example) player world reputation x league reputation.

It will be more realistic to do that.

The great Michael Essien played for my country (Indonesia) club persib bandung at the end of his career. No such thing as impossible i take it

Il y a 20 heures, Vänsterback a dit :

Lacazette is of course on another level

Yeah Lacazette is the best example. In my mind, it's impossible to see him going to hungarian league.

1 hour ago, Akasha said:

Yeah Lacazette is the best example. In my mind, it's impossible to see him going to hungarian league.

It's unlikely that he would end up in Hungary of all leagues and if his agent does his job Lacazette will continue playing in a big 5-league or maybe end up in a gulf state or similar money leagues. But he is in no way to be considered 'too good' to play in a league like the Hungarian (who have player's within 5-10 CA points from Lacazette). That is what I address here. Leagues like that do sometimes attract players of similar ability as Lacazette and he most likely will not be 'too good' for the Hungarian league in three years.

I don't understand why the game would need to prevent such a transfer according to you, can you elaborate on that? Lacazette's CA and reputation can in three years very likely be close to that of Debrecen's players and the club itself. Especially if he suffers from injuries and such.

Il y a 21 heures, Vänsterback a dit :

can you elaborate on that? Lacazette's CA and reputation can in three years very likely be close to that of Debrecen's

Hi, 

Even if his CA and reputation are close of Debrecen's in few years, in my opinion, this type of player will ended his carreer in a gulf club (for a last big contract) or in the country he began his carreer.

Even if Debrecen plays a european competition, I don't know the financial power of this league, but i think it also could be a brake to sign a player like that du to the wage. (but perhaps i am wrong)

How many ex-star players have sign in this league last few years ? 

The financial part is of course key and I can't see how an Hungarian club could offer better contracts than a gulf club. Even if Orbán seems to subsidize football in Hungary a lot. But other factors can play its part as well. van der Vaart moved to Denmark since his wife is a professional handball player who got a contract in Denmark. Hamsik accepted a very low wage to play half a season in Sweden after breaking his contract in China. Those scenarios are POSSIBLE but UNCOMMON.

Anyway, I think that researchers have the power to make this realistic without needing an in-game feature. Because we can edit the player's hidden attributes, preferences and career plans in the database. The OL researcher must be responsible for making Lacazettes career as realistic as possible in FM23. Head researchers can further edit each country's transfer preference to make specific moves between countries more or less likely.

For me this is a database related question that we can solve with existing tools.

Il y a 7 heures, Vänsterback a dit :

Head researchers can further edit each country's transfer preference to make specific moves between countries more or less likely.

Ok, but this type of information must have been confirmed by the player in an interview for example (i think).

And if I say Eto'o, Roberto Carlos, Willian, Lassana Diarra, Hugo Almeida, Yuri Zhirkov went to Dagestan (which I believe most people would have a hard time to tell where it roughly is) IRL for a club which doesn't even exist anymore would you believe it? :D

Not to mention Balázs Dzsudzsák too, who's been the hotshot of PSV Eindhoven at that time and a sough-after prospect in Europe (just to have a Debrecen connection)?