Make Traits/PPMs impact the match engine more

Lindmann

I think one of biggest flaws in the match engine is, that playing styles of players aren't diverse or distinguishable enouth.

Each player in FM has his own strengths and weaknesses but this barely results in different playing styles.

This makes players a lot more exchangeable (players boil down to just the attributes more or less) and takes away a lot of the tactical aspect of squad building.

For example in reality you have quick wingers who run back an forth at the sideline and like to cross the ball into the box.

And there is this different type of winger that tries lots of 1 VS 1,  does a ton of scissor moves and creates chances out of nowhere.

These are two completely different kinds of players in reality, but in FM it is hard to notice any difference since they all play more or less the same way.

In FM there are the traits/PPMs, which acually are the perfect way to portray this.

But I think the Traits don't impact the match engine enough (by far!) and I believe the game would benefit if you would make the PPM influence the decision making of players a lot more.

Edited by Lindmann

• Lindmann changed the title to Make Traits/PPMs impact the match engine more
  • 2 months later...