Tips to win Champions league

I have built a strong Inter side. Ive won ladt 5 league titles and done the italian treble in last two seasons. I have two games left and may go unbeaten.

I cant win Champions League. I keep losing in final and this season the 2nd round on penalties?

I rest my players before Champions League games but i seem to play poorly.

Ive noticed a lot of my 4 star players have dropped to 3 star whilst in their prime?? But they are still 'leading Seria A' players.

Im £100m in debt but im under my wage budget, so i cant buy anymore super stars.

Any tips?? 

20220823_183914.jpg

20220823_183928.jpg

20220823_184301.jpg

20220823_184340.jpg

Edited by Triggerusa39

3 hours ago, Triggerusa39 said:

Ive noticed a lot of my 4 star players have dropped to 3 star whilst in their prime?? But they are still 'leading Seria A' players.

The stars are relative to the rest of your team. If you sign more good players or younger players improve, veterans may have their stars decrease, but that doesn't mean they're getting worse, just means your team is getting better.

Winning the Champions League is hard and takes a little luck. If you're getting to the final regularly you're doing something right.

I think your tactic might be a bit one dimensional in the am strata with both wingers doing the exact same thing, same for the wing backs. If you're dominating your league you can get away with it but the CL is less forgiving. 

I'd switch your right IF to a winger and your right WB to a IWB(d) to cover for the mez, as he's a very risky choice in a tactic without a DM. 

There's probably more you could do but those are the things that stand out to me.

19 hours ago, jens_dewit said:

I think your tactic might be a bit one dimensional in the am strata with both wingers doing the exact same thing, same for the wing backs. If you're dominating your league you can get away with it but the CL is less forgiving. 

I'd switch your right IF to a winger and your right WB to a IWB(d) to cover for the mez, as he's a very risky choice in a tactic without a DM. 

There's probably more you could do but those are the things that stand out to me.

Thank you Jens... in the team scouting i notice a lot of top teams play a DLP and a mezzala in a midfield two?

19 hours ago, SpartyOn said:

The stars are relative to the rest of your team. If you sign more good players or younger players improve, veterans may have their stars decrease, but that doesn't mean they're getting worse, just means your team is getting better.

Winning the Champions League is hard and takes a little luck. If you're getting to the final regularly you're doing something right.

Thanks.