Amazing 4231

Haha Just an excited Hammers fan! 
seeing how many other hammers were getting up and about..

I may get an updated 22 database and have a crack now though

Dec as a ball carrier in midfield, Paqueta a creator behind complete forward Scamacca, the brick wall of Zouma and Kehrer... options will be endless!

Like Moyes said Paqueta can play "2, 3, probably more positions" in that side, so loads of options for a West Ham save. Wide playmaker, number 10, mezzala in a 433, whatever. With all the other options, plenty of reason for a West Ham save!

The Vertical Tiki-Taka preset is probably a decent starting point (below).

A couple of adjustments to one or two roles and TIs perhaps (not sure about the underlaps) but as a starter for ten it'll be ok.  Dec as a DLP(D) can be surprisingly good and could switch him to an RPM or BBM as a ball carrier.  Soucek's Trait of gets forward often could be an issue if combining two support duties in central midfield though (and I wouldn't have 2 BBMs).

An alternative could be the deep 4231DM with Dec as the Segundo Volante / Soucek as the DM (his Trait will kick in well there I think).  That could free up Paqueta to be an AP or even Trequartista.  A plain old AM would be just fine though.

Lots of options but I think starting with the vertical tiki taka will be sound.

6c56925c72d3e76dd3eb12c4298db63b.png

9eee21f19fdcdf7fb86a2616a4ad6be1.png

Okay, I've done it!

Data update, check, new formation check!

Little tinkering still to perfect it but already making the game look too easy or just the west ham squad too overrated

Settled on a 4213 of sorts...

Lots of rotation required due to fixtures. Downes and Coventry improving lots with minutes. Cress/Emerson great average ratings from LB.

I had started up top with a CF-S but they weren't contributing much or scoring early, TF-A and both strikers have scored lots

Attacking wide men I've tried W-A both sides and also RMD on either side, but I think the IW-A has suited Benrahma, had the most G/A

Think W-A will help the TF-A but I'm currently training all the wingers to cut inside both wings so I may keep trying it so that gives them the option of by-line and cross or cut inside still. Obviously it requires them swapping to their natural footed side too.

Player instructions 

GK - 

LB - Cross more, direct passing

CBs - Usually one as BPD, left one close down less, trialing both to stay wider at present

RB - Cross more

VOL-L Soucek role has get further forward, take less risks, shorter pass

VOL-R Rice role has take more risks, dribble more

CM-A dribble more, take more risks

AM-L direct passing, cross more

ST

AM-R

When rotating the squad, Fornals is Mr fix it and Covers CM-A or AML. If Soucek go's to CM-A obviously remove the to player instructions

Only buying youth, hard to find any decent 15-17 English players, got two lads from Swansea, Ben Lloyd and Congreve

Few 18yo olds in Ronnie Edwards, Haig, Diaz, Kacavenda, Amyn, Seelt and Gabriel Veron. Tough with permit issues, some are loans with buy options 

4th in the league and early days for europa

hammers1.jpg

hammers2.jpg

So we had our first loss in all comps, and since that it hasn't been the same.. Scoring has become hard, and conceding easy!

Maybe the AI had had enough of the overachieving and decided to knock us down a few pegs.

We are still third, and we are getting smashed by injuries.

Lanzini has been available for 2 sub and 1 start

Paqueta has had two injury stints

Fornals missed huge chunks twice

Going to switch CM-A to AP-A only when Paqueta is available, I had done it mid game and the midfield shape looked better

TF-A starting to struggle, its either one of the wide men changes to W-A permanently or I need a different role again up top

The Brentford one was very hard to take, 1 goal looked a weak shot outside the box that Areola allowed to go straight through him.. other a header from deep

We are still creating great chances, oppo keepers are just in a rich vein of form!

567151559_Concedingeasily.jpg.ef414d8aaddcad2f03d76455c25a86da.jpg

conceding easily 2.jpg

Can't score.jpg

And it just gets better, Fiorentina, first shot on target in the 93rd minute  :onmehead:

Another Areola howler, even the commentary said it! Prob is, Fabianski is on the outer after I fined him after our 4-0 loss to Leicester when he had a 5.8....

He became unhappy, then two games later complained about first team football (even though he had more starts than Areola) He requested to leave and has signed a deal with Dynamo happening in Jan  :confused:

And I'm only planning on signing 18 year olds or younger so tough to find a good replacement

May have to get stricter with the backline see if we can cancel out these easy goals

joke.jpg

Oh dear, 90+4 minute eqauliser.. Falling apart haha!

Game can begin to become very cruel at times

Even made some adjustments for the last 5 mins in this one to try and prevent this!

And then lost the following penalty shootout.

At least this one was caused by a good trough ball, Iheanacho then 1v1 against our 18yo keeper..

haha.jpg