Fm12 to Fm22.. Where did it go wrong?

I think this is down to them wanting to make the match engine playable with a larger variety of devices from X-Box to tablets rather than focusing on improving the graphics.  They've also mentioned that a lot of people play on old computers and they could potentially lose future sales if they pushed the boundaries too much.   But yeah, it is disappointing to see that the graphics have noticeably regressed in the newer games. 

6 hours ago, Kevinho7 said:

there is one thing that makes my heart bleed a little

Each to their own, but I find it a bit odd that the pitch is considered the most important part of the game. And for myself, I don't have a single issue with the way the pitch is represented in FM22.

That is great mystery with FM. Mobile games have much better graphics and animations. They even managed to ruin 2D to look bad. 2D is stuck in 90s without any details, and 3D is at the start of 2000s.

As the guy above me said, if the performance was reason, they could solve that with sliders and options for graphic quality.

11 hours ago, rsihn said:

I think this is down to them wanting to make the match engine playable with a larger variety of devices from X-Box to tablets rather than focusing on improving the graphics.  They've also mentioned that a lot of people play on old computers and they could potentially lose future sales if they pushed the boundaries too much.   But yeah, it is disappointing to see that the graphics have noticeably regressed in the newer games. 

This is actually a valid comment and one that i did not even think of myself. Understandable 👍🏻

9 hours ago, warlock said:

Each to their own, but I find it a bit odd that the pitch is considered the most important part of the game. And for myself, I don't have a single issue with the way the pitch is represented in FM22.

Where do i, or does it state that the pitch is most important? 

I play the game for the immersive beauty that it is, but comparing the graphics from a 10 year old fm12 to the new fm22 game… sheesh it went pretty downhill

12 hours ago, rsihn said:

Pretty spot on I think. SI probably know better than most of us where the majourtiy of their sales/player base come from. It would be great to have the option for improved graphics for those of us that are able to handle it on our computers but I do understand why they keep it basic (to a degree)

I can only speak for myself, but whenever I see screenshots or videos on social media that people post of their FM saves they normally are filmed on a smart phone and the game is often on a laptop! The typical FM player doesn't seem to be the typical "PC gamer" as such. You'd never see someone post a video of their Apex Legends gameplay record on a smart phone for example :lol: No shade intended at all, it just seems to be the way it is! People will play FM on the same laptop for many years, maybe even ONLY playing FM on laptop and maybe do their other casual gaming on console. These are generalisations of course but it does feel this way!