Interpretation from 1 to 20 of the pressing setting

It can also be valid for steps.
I wanted to know your opinion on this interpretation of levels and the correlation between team instructons and player instructions.

For example, this is what happens in "Central Midfielder - Support"

PRESS.png

Edited by FmTheory

There are some discussions here

On 26/06/2022 at 10:23, Rashidi said:

I think if you do a search on the forums you will find a detailed explanation by me. 

Every role has a set passing length by default.

Passing ranges from a value of 1-20. Team settings range from 1-20 too. 

So a defender for example could by default start at passing of 5 on balanced mentality. When you adjust the team mentality, that acts to adjust every roles passing width pressing and team width by a certain small amount. So increasing team mentality will push that defenders passing up slightly to maybe 7 if you adjust team mentality up.

Without adjusting mentality if you were to increase team passing settings by one notch it could shift individual passing settings from standard to slightly direct. This adjusts every roles passing by a small amount. So the defenders passing will go up.

What the value is will be hidden under the hood.  A player on shorter passing or much shorter passing could have a passing range of 1-5. 

I did a long explanation of this a while back and I suggest people search for the explanation. I was involved in the creation of the tactical creator so i I understand to some extent what’s happening under the hood. Naturally with each new version of the game it moves further and further away, but the basics of team and individual settings remains the same.

The reason why there are broad labels, is because a lot of us got tired of explaining the difference between 11 and 12 passing for example. People were asking for explicit explanations. Labels were chosen that would give people a broad idea of what’s happen. A player would either play short standard(mixed style of passing) or direct which is a longer style of of passing. That was felt to be the only description people would need, and I tend to agree because on different mentalities and with different roles you can get plenty of variation anyway. So a simple label was better.