• FM15
    • FM16
    • FM17
    • FM18
    • FM19
    • FM20
    • FM21
    • FM22

I voted for FM17, but the stadiums of FM12 were very nice.

My main criticism of FM22 stadia is the lack of variation and the skewed scale of some of them. For example, Wembley looks smaller than some of the 32,000 capacity stadiums and 2k non league grounds look like 15k stadiums.

I really hope we see an improvement this year, but I'm not holding my breath. I imagine 'improvements to match-day experience' will be mentioned in the run up to the FM23 release, but that will probably amount to pitch texture, additional buildings for the corners of the stadiums, more stewards, etc.

I'd really like to see an improvement in the matchday sound and some different stadium styles being added. It won't happen though.

Edited by Lempicka
Typo

17 hours ago, Lempicka said:

I voted for FM17, but the stadiums of FM12 were very nice.

My main criticism of FM22 stadia is the lack of variation and the skewed scale of some of them. For example, Wembley looks smaller than some of the 32,000 capacity stadiums and 2k non league grounds look like 15k stadiums.

I really hope we see an improvement this year, but I'm not holding my breath. I imagine 'improvements to match-day experience' will be mentioned in the run up to the FM23 release, but that will probably amount to pitch texture, additional buildings for the corners of the stadiums, more stewards, etc.

I'd really like to see an improvement in the matchday sound and some different stadium styles being added. It won't happen though.

Yes i agree with the sound . Its the same as it was 5 years ago . No real improvement at all . There are sound packs available and even one with commentary thats is really good so you wonder what do they do at SI ? 

21 hours ago, Erimus1876 said:

FM17 had the best 3D graphics, best lighting, best looking pitches, and best looking stadiums and stadium variety.  It also had a wealth of graphical options and camera angles to choose from (which have been removed in every edition since #17).

20220109091151_1.jpg.b19a4cecc4ff4f2a2204f754e3f44234.jpg

20220109092519_1.jpg

20220129133820_1.jpg.ea62f5c4fc2e0d665fb1ca51d0a02eb4.jpg

20220206104457_1.jpg

20220206152508_1.jpg

20220211212447_1.jpg

Astonishing how backwards it has become

Edited by alian62
spelling

We can only assume that SI fired its art team after FM17 and had their programmers create the graphics for all versions that came after.  The difference between FM17 and FM18 was shocking for instance.  Later editions have improved a little but not to the standard of what FM17 offered.  FM17 looked beautiful, especially the stadiums and pitches.

My biggest hope for FM23 is a huge improvement to the matchday graphics, stadiums, newgen faces etc.  Just to add to the experience of matchday being the single most important thing about this great game.

I see some comments about the graphics being outsourced after FM17 is the reason for the lack of progress, but is this a fact or just speculation? Does anyone have any sources to back up such a claim?

I have never known of a game to go backwoods in the graphics department its, 2022 and the graphics are quite bad to be fair even the pitch's are worse now, so i'm really hoping it's better in 2023, but not getting my hopes up.

Edited by JamieTC13

On 14/09/2022 at 00:25, Robbie Hood said:

My biggest hope for FM23 is a huge improvement to the matchday graphics, stadiums, newgen faces etc.  Just to add to the experience of matchday being the single most important thing about this great game.

I see some comments about the graphics being outsourced after FM17 is the reason for the lack of progress, but is this a fact or just speculation? Does anyone have any sources to back up such a claim?

I can only comment as i read it somewhere but its very obvious its a different graphics team as you cant go backwards  if you already had the graphics blueprint 

Yeah im hoping for a real improvement in this area . If it ends up beaing the same boring stadiums then i wont buy it . Going on what ive seen so far it looks again like the same game . Ok i know licencing is a pain in the butt but it cant be that hard to implement a stadium editor . Even cheaper Football games have them . I know there was some options a while back that i found in the XML files but it didnt do much . 

Edited by alian62